1st Trimester

BFP after a Chemical Pregnancy

Last Monday I had spotting what I thought was my period, although it was about 5 days early. I didn't think much of it but noticed my flow was extremely light, similar to spotting, and lasted only a couple of days. Fast forward to today and I had the urge to test. My boobs feel like gigantic watermelons and are so sensitive so I just had that feeling like maybe I was pregnant. Sure enough, I got a BFP.

My emotions are so mixed right now. I had a chemical pregnancy back in December that was emotionally draining. I haven't even told my husband yet because I am scared it will happen again and I hate that we would have to go thru that all over again.

I am trying not to POAS like a lunatic (15 tests last time!) so what are my options? Just wait? Is it worth calling my ob at this point?? Just need some reassuring words :)

Re: BFP after a Chemical Pregnancy

• Just wait it out.  I had a CP in July, and in March received my second BFP.  I hate to say this, but if it's going to stick, it will stick.  There's nothing your doctor can do or say to ensure that you'll carry to term.  This early on, it's all up to nature and fate and chance or whatever you want to believe in.

If it makes you feel better, so far this baby is sticking and growing.

Just enjoy that today you are pregnant.  I wish you success.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Just wait it out.  I had a CP in July, and in March received my second BFP.  I hate to say this, but if it's going to stick, it will stick.  There's nothing your doctor can do or say to ensure that you'll carry to term.  This early on, it's all up to nature and fate and chance or whatever you want to believe in.

If it makes you feel better, so far this baby is sticking and growing.

Just enjoy that today you are pregnant.  I wish you success.
    Thank you. I appreciate you sharing your story. My plan is to put this in the back of my head for another week then I will test again. If it is still positive I will call the doctor!