Pregnant after IF
Options

Awake-in-the-middle-of-the-night club

So, just here awake in the middle of the night. This time it's because I have a cold, so I'm up coughing. But, I've often found myself awake in that middle of the night for various reasons (having to pee, crazy hungry, suddenly awake with racing thoughts, insane cats running across my face, pick anything) and I'll often check this board. So, I thought it might be nice to have a discussion thread for those of us stuck awake in the middle of the night. If you are, why are you awake in the middle of the night? What random thoughts are floating through your head?

I'm up thinking about work and wondering if it's possible to cough and sneeze my brains out of my own head, since it seems like that's what my body is trying to do at the moment. I'm also thinking about some really good test results that we just got back from the genetic counselor, which is awesome. We had tested higher risk for Down's, but now the nipt found nothing unusual, so everything should be fine & we are really relived. We would have kept the baby either way, 100% sure, but it's still a big relief. I'm also feeling guilty, because we found out the gender, and I wish I were more excited. I am really really happy to find out that everything is looking healthy- that's the main thing. I found out that we are having a boy, and I really do love him already. It's just that after going through IF, I'm scared we won't be able to be successful another time, and that I'll never have a girl, which honestly makes me really sad. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. I lost my mom 10 years ago, and I just really wanted to have a girl and have that mother-daughter bond. But I'm so thankful that my baby boy is testing healthy. I'm trying to be hopeful that we can afford more ivf in the future or that we are one of those crazy cases where we randomly get pregnant naturally. Anyway, those are my thoughts between coughing and sneezing. If you're awake in the middle of the night too, welcome, and you're not the only one! I hope you are able to fall asleep soon, but at least you have some company while you're up! :)

Re: Awake-in-the-middle-of-the-night club

• Options
    Oh I had pregsomnia so much throughout this pregnancy.  Now I'm just delirious from no sleep 2 nights in a row with contractions - I've gotten a whopping 3 hours in two days.  But normally, I would develop a good habit of cleaning when I would be up in the middle of the night.  I don't think the house has ever been cleaner :)

I'm sorry you're sick.  Congrats on a boy!  I had felt like we were going to have a boy, and I initially felt a little bit of guilt not having a boy b/c we had decided to name a boy after my father in law that passed the week of our FET.  But now I can't imagine not having a girl and I am so excited.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    I don't check my computer in the middle of the night, but I'm usually up too! No idea why, but I just am. Congrats on your healthy little boy! And I hope you feel better soon. You will adjust even more as time goes on to having a boy (I did and now I am very excited about it!). And, you never know what life will bring. I'm one of those crazy cases with a natural bfp after 5 iuis, 4 Ivfs, and nowhere to turn. A girl may yet be in your future:-). Get better soon.
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! @gsancho, Good idea to clean. My house would look so much better. @J&D2007, thank you for sharing your story. It definitely gives me hope!