TTC after 35
Options

FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

TGIF!!!!!!

What will you be drinking this weekend , real or imaginary.

What do we all have going on. Share your weekend plans with us.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

• Options
    hooligans4hooligans4 member
    edited April 2015
    Another busy weekend for me.

Today I go for my mammo.
    DH has the day off so he is coming with me then we will go out to lunch after. We never go out with just the two of us so I'm looking foreword to that. But this is my first mammo and I'm a little nervous. Having him with me will help calm the nerves.

Tonight I have to bake 60 cupcakes to make cupcake dresses for my nieces and a friends communion on Saturday. Cupcakes have to be decorated, arranged and delivered by 11:30. Thank goodness they both live in the same town as me. Then it's off to church for the actual Communion.
    DH is working Saturday so I have to get my mother in law to take my son to his soccer game because I will be elbow deep in cupcakes.

Sunday will be nieces communion party. I don't have to make anything for that thank goodness.
    I'm going to try and get the lawns cut before the party.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I won't be drinking anything this weekend.  Not too many plans.  I have to call the dealership and let them know that I have the additional pay stubs they need, but I probably won't be able to get my car until next weekend because I had to make an extra payment on the van that isn't running so that dropped the amount of cash I have on hand for the down payment until I get paid again.  Oh well.  Maybe they'll let me have my car anyway.  :)

@hooligans4 - good luck with all the cupcakes and your mammo today.  I haven't had one yet, but my mom says they're no big deal.
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably drink a beer this weekend. hoping to go for a hike and then have stuff to do at home. 

@hooligans4 - you will do great. You do feel a bit squished during the mamo, but its not bad at all. Mildly uncomfortable i would say. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    @hooligans4 - you will do great. You do feel a bit squished during the mamo, but its not bad at all. Mildly uncomfortable i would say. 

I'm hoping this is the case. My boobs are not very dense. I dropped a cup size with losing my weight last year so I'm very deflated. I hope that helps with the discomfort.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Mammos are no big deal at all. Yes, they squish your boobs between two heavy clear plastic things. I'd agree with the mildly uncomfortable thing. Plus the tech is handling your boobs, but they do this all the time. It's over in like 5 minutes. The hardest part is not breathing while they take the picture, so of course you always want to breathe. I get them every year bc of my brca-1 predisposition to breast cancer. Been doing it since I was like 27.  Course the stress is when you're worried what they might find, right? But hopefully everything comes out looking great. And then you're home free for another year.

I don't have much going on. Today I'm chaperoning the dance class downtown to kick off of Dance week here. They're part of a flashmob.  
    After school, probably happy hour, although I feel like I shouldn't drink as I just entered the TWW and maybe I should just try to give myself the best possible chance? I don't know though, does it matter before implementation? 
    Other than that, hope to get some good sewing done this weekend as it's probably my last before I have to spend the next 3 or 4 working on my grades.  I've been in a rut where I've messed up like 3 garments in a row. I really want to have some success.

TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    Will likely be drinking nothing but LOTS of water to hydrate - boring, but true.

And will likely be spending most of my time on logistics like errands and setting up new furniture and grocery shopping - again, boring, but true. :) When did weekends get busier than weekdays?!?

DH and I are looking for some new TV shows to binge watch - any suggestions?

@hooligans4 Good luck with the mammo and cupcakes! What flavor are you making?
    TTC #1
    Me- 39, DH- 41

• Options
    I'm turning 38!  Which means cleaning house, to have people over.

I've had a mammo.  No big deal, and didn't even hurt (and I'm pretty sensitive to pain with my boobs, after having a reduction surgery).  It was weird when they taped little metal balls to my nipples to help with reading the results.  The hospital I went to put a lot of effort into making it nice-- they had a plush pre-warmed robe for me to wear, and had made the suite a little spa-like in the decor, less medical.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @hooligans4 - I wish I was elbow deep in cupcakes... but eating them not baking them ha ha ha ;)
    @Dwmmwd I know how you feel about not wanting to chance it, BUT I have heard that before implantation it does not really matter.. maybe just a half glass of something but don't go crazy?
    @MissusMeagan Im not sure what you have already seen but what about: House of Cards, Supernatural, The Following, or I even find myself binge watching oldies like Murder She Wrote and M*A*S*H ha ha ha
    @KLake41 Happy Birthday!!!!

I will be drinking wine :-)
    Only plans this weekend include swimming lessons for our daughter and meeting with a contractor bidding on our bathroom remodel to discuss design. Otherwise Im hoping for some good sleep and snuggels on the couch with my DD and DH.
  • Options
    Well I survived the mammo. The boob squishing didn't hurt but the skin pulling was bad. I felt like the skin on my neck was being pulled down. Is that weird?

@MissusMeagan I'm making chocolate, vanilla and red velvet.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Im glad you made it through your mammo @Hooligans4...yah for luck alone with your H as well. 

Does anyone drink cheladas??? I will have one of those maybe tonight :) If i keep my carbs down all day and use a low carb beer to make it its ok and doesn't derail me. :)

I have to shoot a quinceanera  (sp??) tomorrow and a child's birthday party on Sunday. Im already exhausted. I need another week off of no shooting so I can just edit. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    @KirstenAlecia what is a cheladas? I'm curious

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    KirstenAleciaKirstenAlecia member
    edited April 2015
    @hooligans4 its a beer cocktail. Its made with beer, bloody mary mix, clamato, lime, tabasco and a couple other things.

Its like a Bloody Mary but with beer. Its yummy! 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    I have no idea what happened there^^ lol

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    @KirstenAlecia I threw up a little in my mouth reading what goes into it. Beer and tomato juice- no, just no.

But hey different strokes for different folks. But I'm stickin to my whiskey baby!!!!!

Cheers

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    A little late but thank you @rspalding001 for the suggestions! I've got House of Cards on order and I'm totally going to hit up some old school seasons of Murder She Wrote - Cabot Cove here I come! :) Thank you!!
    TTC #1
    Me- 39, DH- 41