Baby Names

What do you think of this sibling set??

Please help! We are not sharing our name picks with friends or family so I need some unbiased advice from you all :)

We already have two boys, Sean and Ryan.

#3 is coming soon and so far we like Iain. Middle name is Thomas, that's decided.
Is this too close to the other boys? Especially Ryan? Too matchy? 

Runners up are:

Nathan
Justin
Jason
Cole
Greyson

Re: What do you think of this sibling set??

• I think Iain is too close, yes.  I like Cole best and it goes best with your sibset IMO.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I like Nathan with your other boys names and I love Nathan Thomas as a first/middle. (I just imagined yelling them into the backyard like "Sean! Ryan! Nathan! Dinner!" I think Iain is too close.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you mean Lian or Liam? 

Liam Thomas goes great with your sibset.
  • I'm not familiar with Iain. Is it pronounced like Ian? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Yes, Iain = Ian. Scottish spelling, where Ian is the English version. 
  • I think Iain does sound close to Ryan, but I think Iain Thomas is a nice name. Your runners up are fine, but I don't like Greyson.
    TTC since September 2012
  • Yes, it is too close. love nathan, hate greyson
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Yes Iain is too close, especially to Ryan....I'd go with Cole Thomas, I think it fits in well!
  • I think it's too close, and I don't like that they all end in n. I love Cole, and it's great with your sibset.
  • I don't like that Iain and Ryan rhyme.

My favorite of your other options is Nathan.  I also think Jason is a great name.  Both Nathan and Jason sound good with Thomas as the middle name.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes, it's definitely too close and I think the spelling would be confusing in the states. I like Nathan and Cole. I'm leaning toward Nathan since it goes best with Thomas and is more classic like Sean and Ryan, whereas Cole is a little more modern.

• I prefer Nathan Thomas
  • Cole or Nathan
  • I wouldn't use it if you have a Ryan already, too close. All the other runner up names are fine except Grayson. I've never liked that name.
    Nathan is nice and so is cole, but I like Colton nn cole more than just it by itself
  • Nice names all but too close. I like your other choices especially Nathan. For some reason Callum and Calvin came to mind with your sibset. Good luck!