June 2015 Moms
Options

Does anyone feel baby inside twitching?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have been feeling this recently

Answers

• Options
    Yep! Totally normal, and probably hiccups!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the hiccups and they seem totally different from this feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel it too! Mainly by my ribs. It's totally different than the feeling I get when my baby hiccups.
  • Options
    Like seizure like movement? I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and experienced this a couple days ago. Freaked me out. The baby was moving like a hundred times a minute it seemed like. I didn't call my doctor since it stopped after a while but I had a friend tell me it's due to an immature neuro system.
  • Options
    I've gotten twitches up by my ribs/boobs that can be pretty persistent, but I'm thinking it's more just my body adjusting to all the change.
  • Options
    R87R87 member
    Yes I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this.
  • Options
    I'll have a twitching/quivering for a couple seconds and then it'll stop and regular movements will start again. It never concerned me but it's also really for like 3 seconds.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Yes I have had it also, seems like baby is doing super fast movements. I was quite nervous. My doctor said its nothing to worry about, that its normal and many have it. So it calmed me down. I haven't felt them anymore for 2 weeks or so, im 32+3 at the moment.
  • Options
    I have been getting twitches under my rib cage too, doesn't feel like the baby - maybe more muscular/skeletal related changes. I am almost 34 weeks and I know I am growing like crazy. I may touch base with the nurses if it persists but I don't think we need to worry, always talk to your OB before believing things like an 'immature neuro system'.
  • Options

I have been getting twitches under my rib cage too, doesn't feel like the baby - maybe more muscular/skeletal related changes. I am almost 34 weeks and I know I am growing like crazy. I may touch base with the nurses if it persists but I don't think we need to worry, always talk to your OB before believing things like an 'immature neuro system'.

My friend is in the medical field and so am I. Hence I wasn't super concerned. Yes, they do have an immature neurovascular system at this age that is rapidly forming.