Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro: miscarry at home or opt for d&e? (Possible siggy warning)

I have found so much comfort on this board and many others on the bump. My back story as short as possible. We tried to get PG for 14 months and right before starting clomid got our BFP! At the 7 week u/s found out it was twins. By 19 weeks my identical twin boys were stillborn. I found so much comfort and knowledge from the women on this board in 2010. After 3 months I was given clomid and my first miracle DS was born. When he was 1 we began trying again. After another 14 months (clomid, injectables, IUI, chemical pregnancy, and then 2 IVFs) we were PG again with our DS#2. In jan i found out I was PG on my own. Today I should be 11 weeks, but the baby measured 7+weeks.

Here is my question: should I opt for the d&e or try and miscarry at home. I guess I would like to hear others experiences to understand what I am about to go through. My OB did give me the croytex (spelling??) to start once I start bleeding. I feel so alone and scared of the pain. We have had so many medical bills in the past that have kept us from doing home renovations and travel. I just feel a d&e will be so expensive and take away from the things we have been saving for.
TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16

Re: Intro: miscarry at home or opt for d&e? (Possible siggy warning)

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I just had a DNC last Friday after starting the natural miscarriage at home. I know everyone has different experiences but after what I went through at home the day before I would suggest scheduling the DNC before a natural miscarriage starts. I was almost 12 weeks when the bleeding started but baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 5 days. Besides the physical part it was hard emotionally waiting to start cramping or bleeding. Praying for you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all three of your losses.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for responding. Sadly, I am seeing them too late. Apparently, when my brain caught up with what my body knew things started on their own and moved very quicky with the help of cryotec (spelling). I started bleeding around 5pm and today at 3pm I think it was the end and I feel very empty and things have almost stopped. I am at peace right now that the worst of the physical is behind me. I guess I know what the grieving process is...and hopefully since yes it is the 3rd loss maybe I can just be numb.
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    My baby stopped growing either a week or two ago. Found out 3 days ago that baby stopped growing at 7weeks when i shouldve been 9. I've started spotting again just this afternoon but no heavy bleeding or cramping yet.

Im waiting for a natural flush out myself. If nothing by wednesday im taking the pills to try and pass it. I prefer that than a d&c....i had a traumatic d&c a long time ago so I'd prefer avoiding it. I just had a horrid doc at the time.

Seems like there are pros and cons about each option (natural flush out/pills/d&c) but some have written not to wait too long for a natural flush out. Some that posted on the miscarriage board have written that the flushiut happened as soon as a week or two after no heartbeat, while others experienced it as long as after 6 weeks.

Hope your decision works out, whichever option you choose to go with. Wish you the best.