Baby Names

First baby girl

grlplzgrlplz member
edited April 2015 in Baby Names
Okay you guys, my husband and I have NEVER been able to pick girl names. Luckily our first 2 were boys and with this one we had the boy name all picked out but go figure, we're having our first daughter. I'm just looking for some opinions on some that we like or maybe new names we haven't thought of. Her big brothers are Landon and Porter. Our last name is pronounced Shy-Bee. Thanks ladies!

First baby girl 174 votes

Keelie Elizabeth
8% 14 votes
Rowan Elizabeth
17% 30 votes
Keegan Elizabeth
4% 8 votes
Ronin Elizabeth
1% 2 votes
Zoe Elizabeth
57% 100 votes
ot
11% 20 votes

Re: First baby girl

• Sorry guys ot is supposed to say other... my phone is not cooperating.
  • Love the name Rowan. It was on my list if we were having a girl. Goes well with Elizabeth, too, imo

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I think it's my favorite but hubby isn't as convinced. He tried talking me into Renee or Marie or Victoria Jr. In other words he's no help.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Zoe by default
  • Keely (even when spelled correctly) is not a great name. Rowan, Keegan, and Ronan are all masculine. Zoe is okay. I think you can find better names that will stand the test of time a bit better but won't be overused.

Some names you might like:

Bridget Elizabeth
    Bonnie Elizabeth
    Claire Elizabeth
    Carys Elizabeth
    Fern Elizabeth
    Imogen Elizabeth
    June Elizabeth
    Lucy Elizabeth
    Maude Elizabeth
    Rachel Elizabeth
    Rosanna Elizabeth
    Samantha Elizabeth
    Susannah Elizabeth

• bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited April 2015
    If you are having a girl I guess Zoe.  I would think after two boys you wouldn't want to continue using boy names. Keely would be ok. The rest are 100% BOY. 

• @LizWhiz87 curious, how would you pronounce Imogen? I've seen it on here a couple times but have never heard of it before.
  • Well the only girl name i see is Zoe, so i will go with that.
  • Well my little girl is Rowan so I am a bit biased! Pairs great with Elizabeth as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • grlplz said:

@LizWhiz87 curious, how would you pronounce Imogen? I've seen it on here a couple times but have never heard of it before.

It is pronounced im-uh-jen (short I sound, like in imagine).
  • Zoe. Not a fan of any of the others
  • I like Rowan

• I like Rowan a lot, even though it's a traditionally masculine name, I think the "w" makes a soft vowel sound that's nice and feminine without being frilly.
  • edited April 2015
    3 out of those 5 are masculine. Zoe is ok, I like kiley or kailey over keelie. but tbh I like your husband's name choices quite a bit more. Can't go wrong with Victoria (just not the jr. part) and Marie is one of those names that you hear so often as a middle name, that it's nice to change things up and and actually get use as a first name. Renee is quite nice too, I had it on my girls list.
  • I love the name Kiley but I can't get past the Jenner of it.

Victoria is my name so while I agree it's great I just will not name her after me. The Renee and Marie is after someone (Renee Marie) who I also won't name my child after and he knows that. He just doesn't want to talk about it so he throws out names we can't use because of who she'd be named after. He keeps telling me we have plenty of time but it's really not that much. And these are the only ones he's agreed to consider. I also like Aurora and Novalee but he won't even consider them.
  • grlplz said:

I love the name Kiley but I can't get past the Jenner of it.

Victoria is my name so while I agree it's great I just will not name her after me. The Renee and Marie is after someone (Renee Marie) who I also won't name my child after and he knows that. He just doesn't want to talk about it so he throws out names we can't use because of who she'd be named after. He keeps telling me we have plenty of time but it's really not that much. And these are the only ones he's agreed to consider. I also like Aurora and Novalee but he won't even consider them.

Aurora is lovely. Novalee is very teen momish. Since you both have very different styles, have you tried nymbler.com?  You can each put in a few names and it generates possible names that you both may like.  

• bbiutmcph said:

grlplz said:

I love the name Kiley but I can't get past the Jenner of it.

Aurora is lovely. Novalee is very teen momish. Since you both have very different styles, have you tried nymbler.com?  You can each put in a few names and it generates possible names that you both may like.  

I never got into Teen Mom really, they just drove me nuts with their crazy ass drama. So honestly, thank you for the heads up on that one! I've just always loved the book Where the Heart Is.

I've never heard of nymbler.com but I will be trying that out immediately!
  • Well in that case maybe try to come up with a few more that you like to give him more options.and tell him thoroughly that the ones he came up with are not options so he better think of some new ones. Zoe is ok of the options you came up with, so is aurora. What about kailey or kellie instead of keelie?

And speaking of novalee and teen mom, catelynn and Tyler baltierra from the original teen mom show just named their daughter that...don't do it
  • Zoe is the only girl name on this list. Rowan is a boys name and awful on a girl.
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I work at a preschool and have only ever seen girl Rowans. Maybe it varies in different areas idk. But my family has also been pretty big on unisex names which is why I probably don't notice it as much (Jessi, Taylor, Cameron).

Thanks for the heads up on Novalee. If someone famous does it that's all anyone would think of.
  • He's the one who likes Keelie/Keeley/Keely really. I only would consider it since it's an Irish name, which I am, and one of the meanings (there are two) is 'beautiful one'. But it really isn't my first choice.
  • grlplz said:

I work at a preschool and have only ever seen girl Rowans. Maybe it varies in different areas idk. But my family has also been pretty big on unisex names which is why I probably don't notice it as much (Jessi, Taylor, Cameron).

Thanks for the heads up on Novalee. If someone famous does it that's all anyone would think of.

Rowan is 100% masculine despite a few people using on a girls.  It ranks significantly higher for boys on the SS name list in the US and doesn't register for girls pretty much anywhere outside the US.  If people heard Landon, Porter and Rowan they would assume three sons.  

• Elizabeth as fn

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• I like Rowan, although I know it's masculine... I get the impression you don't like cutesy names.. Laurel comes to mind?
  • We've talked about Elizabeth as a fn but it's after my sister and since we see each other so much fn seems a bit much.

I'm not huge on the cutesy names, no. Although I haven't necessarily ruled anything out. I keep joking she's just going to be named Third Born.

I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions ladies!
  • Zoe or Aurora are my faves
  • The love for Aurora is making me think I'm going to have to push harder for him to consider it. It's classic, not overdone, unique without being crazy, everything I like in a name.
  • If Aurora is too much for him, maybe he would like Audra or Audrey more? Or even Aurelia/Aurelie?
  • If I saw Landon, Porter, and Rowan I would probably think you have three boys. Not a fan of Zoe but it's far better than Keelie, Keegan, and Ronin. I would try to find a more feminine name.

• LNic5LNic5 member
    I like PPs suggestion of Audra
  • What about Rowena?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ecmbecmb member
    I love Keegan!  And I was sad to see it had so little votes...

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• 4N6s4N6s member
    ecmb said:

I love Keegan!  And I was sad to see it had so little votes...

Probably because it's a boys name....