Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Missed miscarriage

I just found out on Tuesday that I'd lost our baby. I would've been around 12w3d. It was at our UK dating scan. They said there was something in there, but not clear on whether they meant a baby or anything else. No clue as to when I'd lost it. I feel so lost. I could've sworn my little tummy was getting bigger, and still felt symptoms.

Have to go in hospital today for more blood tests then "we will go from there" .

This morning at 4am, I started cramping.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel so helpless waiting around.

Thank for reading.

Re: Missed miscarriage

• Options
    The hardest part of the miscarriage process (aside from the physical pain) for me has been the waiting. So much waiting. Waiting for the process to begin. Waiting for the pain to end. Waiting for the bleeding to stop. Waiting to wait for AF to arrive. And I am so eager to move forward into the TTC process again.

I've found that reading books, gardening, and other hobbies (music, video games, whatever your cup of tea may be) to distract from the waiting have been very helpful.

My condolences - this is a tough time. Sending you positive thoughts and strength.
  • Options
    @zoerobber, I'm so sorry you're going through this. At my 8 week scan, my baby only measured 6 weeks, and a week later it no longer had a heartbeat. I waited two weeks to see if my body would miscarry on its own, then ended up having a d&e. Many others on this board have miscarried naturally, though, and I'm sure they will comment. Feel free to look through old posts for their experiences, as well.

I had symptoms long after the baby stopped growing, too. I know how upsetting that is. The nausea started improving toward the end, and pretty much stopped the day of my d&e.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I got my news. It feels like it has been longer. Thinking of where you are now, I realize how much better I'm feeling already. I hope that time will be as healing for you. I'm not over it, but I'm in much better spirits and I'm looking forward to trying again. If I could talk to myself 4 weeks ago, it would have helped me to hear that.

Take care of yourself. We're here if you need us.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I opted for a d&c with my most recent miscarriage. I was 8 weeks and the baby stopped growing around 6 weeks. I didn't want to wait this time, but lots of women find it healing to miscarry naturally by waiting. Please do come here for support.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So sorry you have to go thru this. Mine was a missed mc too. Dating us around 8 weeks showed a healthy heartbeat. Everything looked great. 4 weeks late still had all the symptoms. Nothing felt off. No spotting or cramping.... Nothing. But baby was only measuring just shy of 9w and no heartbeat. I could not for me life of me understand how my body could have gone 3 weeks without recognizing a problem until my mom told me something that out it into perspective for me. She told me that just because the baby was measuring 3 weeks behind didn't mean that was exactly when the heart stopped. The baby's growth could have slowed causing the smaller size and the heart could have stopped at any time within those 3 weeks. We have no way of really knowing when. For my sanity I had to tell myself that because of this, the baby could have still been alive even up to the day of my appointment and that my body hadn't had time to recognize it yet. I realize that this is unlikely but it helped me make sense of it and move on. It has been 7 1/2 weeks since my D&C procedure and we just started TTC again. It gets better... It just takes time.
  • Options
    @tigerfish227 good to know that it gets better!! I also had a missed mc. Passed the baby last week with cytotec, but at the follow-up appointment the ultrasound still showed "stuff" that stubbornly won't come out. Ugh, just when I thought this was almost over. Took more cytotec and have to update my doc in a few days. Then test hcg levels in 2 weeks. Not really sure what happens after that. One step at a time... @zoerobber good luck with your decision. Know that meds can make the process happen faster so you won't have to just wait for your body to take care of things on its own, but also that they don't always work 100% of the time.
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • Options
    Thank you all for reading. The results of the blood test said that my hormone levels have dropped. I still have to go for a scan on Friday. Still cramping and slight bit of dark blood when I wipe (tmi). But nothings really happening yet. Just want it to happen properly so I can move on. It's good to now it does get easier though, thank you all for your support and kind words.
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2015
    @zoerobber im still waiting myself but no cramps yet. Baby stopped growing either a week or two ago. Found out 2 days ago that baby stopped growing at 7weeks when i shouldve been 9. So im waiting to see whether it happens naturally. If not by wednesday im taking the pills to try and pass it. I prefer that than a d&c....i just hope it works.

Im sorry bout the cramping. Im waiting for mines to start too.

The hardest part of the miscarriage process (aside from the physical pain) for me has been the waiting. So much waiting. Waiting for the process to begin. Waiting for the pain to end. Waiting for the bleeding to stop. Waiting to wait for AF to arrive. And I am so eager to move forward into the TTC process again.

I've found that reading books, gardening, and other hobbies (music, video games, whatever your cup of tea may be) to distract from the waiting have been very helpful.

My condolences - this is a tough time. Sending you positive thoughts and strength.

Thanks for mentioning the waiting! Its only been 2days of waiting but it feels like forever....!
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Yes, mine was just short of 12 weeks.
    The waiting period is extremely difficult. Hang in there. I'm so sorry.