Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Sinus infection w/ IUI in 2 days!!!

Last week I got this nasty sinus infection and was prescribed amoxicillin. Taking the maximum amount possible, I was trying to kick this illness before my IUI with DS this week. BUT it's not getting better. Went to urgent care this morning and got a prescription for prednisone (steroid) to get things going!! Tomorrow I'm having an ultrasound to see how my follies are doing and getting my trigger shot. My worry is that the antibiotic and steroid will affect the trigger shot/IUI. Has anyone had any experience with this?? All I know is I feel horrible and I want to be as healthy as possible for this cycle!!!

Re: Sinus infection w/ IUI in 2 days!!!

• Options
    I haven't had any experience with IUI, but I sure do with sinus infections.  I hope the meds you have make it go away quickly.  Good luck.

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.