June 2015 Moms

Baby shower cake

what I asked for vs. what I got...

Re: Baby shower cake

• That is terrible! I hope you got a discount at the very least!
  • My mom was the one who picked it up and she didn't pay at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • They think just because they put owls on It it's the same? I could do better lol
  • I wouldn't have paid either! What you chose was super cute. Sorry no one got to see your vision!
  • WTF?
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • i understand why they wouldnt do what you asked for. that is definitely a thing to do at home, not ask a cake shop to do. but that doesnt explain why they gave you what you got.
  • Now that's a disappointing cupcake, and that's saying a lot coming from a pregnant girl :( They shouldn't have agreed to it if they couldn't do it! Hopefully they at least we're tasty.
  • ElRuby said:

i understand why they wouldnt do what you asked for. that is definitely a thing to do at home, not ask a cake shop to do. but that doesnt explain why they gave you what you got.

I think that is exactly what you would ask a cake shop to do! If she could have done it herself then this would not have been an issue!

They should never have agreed to do your order!
    yes they should have not agreed to do her order, but doing something like that is just oreos split in half and smarties, unless you went with like an independant cake business, a regular shop wouldnt do something like this, or it could have just been a miscommunication where they understood it as she just wanted something with owls, and girly colours. but from my experience, cake shops dont do pinteresty type things.
  • If they couldn't do it they shouldn't have agreed! And so what if it's "simple" from what you say... What if she didn't want to make her own baby shower cake? That's what cake shops are for. She showed them a picture so not much room for miscommunication. I am a cake decorator and did one for my friends shower that she found off Pinterest... And it came out great! If she ever showed me something I couldn't do I would have just told her.

I'm sorry that happened mama and I am glad you didn't have to pay... But still that doesn't take away from the disappointment!!!! Hope the rest of your shower was everything you wanted and more :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's a bizarre switch-up!!

Does this cake place only do picture printing? They didn't even try to make a large owl on the cake. Weird!! Sucks and so sorry!!
  • Boo really surprised at what you got although the cupcakes are nice baby showers are for cutesy stuff not anything formal So they should not have had a problem with the design. Also as people have said they should have let you know if they where unwilling to do them as you wanted and then showed you a design of something they could do. The biggest dissapointment is that cake I do not see how any cake shop would allow that to leave their store. Sorry they didn't come through for you hope the rest of your baby shower went great.
  • I would still devour those cupcakes!! Oreo eyes!!! Yummmm
  • I would still devour those cupcakes!! Oreo eyes!!! Yummmm

Now I want cupcakes!

• What's amazing about this is it was a bakery owned by my ex step brother. He offered to do my cake as a gift, I showed him exactly what I wanted ( I know he is capable as I have seen plenty of other pieces he has done in the past, plus the guy worked in the bakery in freakin Disney world as an intern, he is very talented) but this is what we ended up withX I honestly think he forgot and did this last minute. Yes he is family but he also but a big hurt on my mother and I on a very important day.
  • They were still very delicious though!!!