June 2015 Moms

Cramping At 32 Weeks

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow! This is the first time I've had cramps during my pregnancy. It's a constant cramp (like period cramping.) Is this normal?

Re: Cramping At 32 Weeks

• Contractions? FTM, but there's a thread on what contractions feel like that msy help you. Good luck!
  • I'm hoping so! I just wasn't sure if it was normal this early. Thanks love. :x
  • Loading the player...
  • Id talk to your doc to be on the safe side. If its constant and painful I would want to get checked out .
  • I am a STM but I've has a lot of cramping pains this week too. I am also 32 weeks. I called my doctor and they sent me to L&d. I was in there basically all day for contractions and told I have an irritable uterus. I am basically on bedrest this weekend until I have a sonogram Tuesday. Call your doctor.
  • Call your doctor, but also make sure you're staying hydrated. I fell asleep early one night so I didn't get in as much water before bed and I woke up from cramps in the early morning. I drank a bunch of water and that helped and my doc agreed it was likely just lack of recent water.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was having period cramps in the middle of the night around 32 weeks, too. I was actually getting up thinking I needed a tampon in my sleepy stupor. The doctor said if it happens more than 6-8 times an hour after drinking some water, you should head to the hospital. I would definitely call your doctor if it becomes something regular :)
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited April 2015
    I would call the doctor. They will likely ask that you come in for an exam. Better safe then sorry!

Lots of woman don't have high risk pregnancies, and at around this time they find out things are progressing faster than expected, etc (this happened to me a few days ago at 31w6d). The only way to know is to be seen by your doctor, and I couldn't imagine not having had a heads up that baby could be arriving any day now. Its changed everything about my days since (now doing everything I can to keep this bun in the oven, started maternity leave at once, avoiding all stress and additional physical tasks), and more importantly it's given baby a chance to get some medication that will help get him be ready for an early arrival.

Going into labour unexpectedly this early would be terrifying, you need time to mentally and emotionally prepare for such a game changer! :)

Hope you are feeling better mama!
  • I've been having cramps for 2 weeks 31 32 , and I got checked my doc said ur not dilated , I still have those cramps and like a period cramps sometimes , I m having twins