Infertility
Options

Looking for inspiration for my sister

megandchasemegandchase member
edited April 2015 in Infertility

**ticker warning asking on behalf of my sister**
My sister just received a call that out of her 17 eggs that were frozen only 1 made it through the thawing process. Is this normal? The one that did make it through is not showing signs of progression after being fertilized. She is devastated, I'm just trying to see if anyone else has an experience similar that ended successfully that I can share with her (she is not a member of The Bump). This is their second round and will have to wait 3 months until the next cycle. 

Re: Looking for inspiration for my sister

• Options
    hopeful16hopeful16 member
    edited April 2015
    megandchase Please change your title with a warning of your ticker.... 

PAIF or SAIF is a better place to post this, as the description of this board at the top clearly states:

This is a forum for those dealing with infertility and/or undergoing IVF treatment. Because this board is a safe haven, please include “child/pregnancy mentioned” or “siggy warning” in your title or post, if applicable. This is a very emotional time for many so please take the time to read the "New to Infertility" thread for some etiquette before posting. If you are looking for (or would like to share) a success story, please visit the PAIF or SAIF forums.

Thank you
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • Options
    megandchasemegandchase member
    edited April 2015
    Sorry didn't realize I needed to warn. I'll edit and head to the other board. My sister asked me to post and ask the question about the eggs because she is not a member. Just looking for support for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I had more info for you but I personally have thawed out 4 embryos and all have made it so far. However, I only know my personal story and haven't ever known anyone else going through IVF. It does sound a bit odd though. It is probably worth a convo with the doctor regarding reasons it may have happened and how much success they have with FETs for future reference. I hope the one survivor is one that grows in to a beautiful baby! I wish your sister the best of luck and think it's sweet you are so close.