Health & Exercise
Options

Suggestions for sports bras

Does anyone have any recommendations for a great sports bra? I've never been one to spend a lot of money on them, but, my boobs are out of control. My bras are all clearly too small and getting uncomfortable. Thank you!

Re: Suggestions for sports bras

• Options
    Moving Comfort.  I "invested" in one before my first half marathon back in 2011 and I've been hooked ever since.  They're great and supportive for larger chests.  I used them pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, and afterwards when I was nursing. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I bought some high impact bras at kohls. They are ok, not the best but will do for now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elomi Energise!!! They're built like a Sherman tank!!!  They aren't cheap, but they're definitely supportive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I splurged and bought a Wacoal because they're like the only ones who make sports bras in my size (I'm huge now that I'm preggers). Trust me, you won't be going anywhere with these, but they are expensive at $50 a pop.

Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I suggest checking out titlenine.com. They have a great selection of sports bras depending on the type you need.

Before baby I was a 34D and used the Last Resort Bra:

https://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

Post-partum and BF I am a size 34E so I am using the Marvel:

https://www.titlenine.com/product/307200.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

These are pricey but totally worth it if you are doing high impact and have big boobs like me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options
    I actually get mine from Target! Or Marshall's is goldmine to discounted sportsgear!
  • Options
    I haven't tried them yet but when I was at Victoria's Secret a couple weeks ago I was looking at their sports bras and the girl working there said they are amazing.  Yes I know that is her job but she convinced me that she loved them.  I also know one other person that bought one of them and was very happy with it so far.  I think when I need to buy again I'll probably try one out.
  • Options

I second the Title Nine suggestion. I got the 4-reasons (or maybe it was 5-reasons) bra there after DS#1. The straps fasten with velcro, so it also worked great for nursing. Oh, I was a 34DDD before him and now I'm a 36G.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    THIS. Absolutely in love with mine. Will be getting more!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the Victoria's Secret ones!
  • Options
    If you are a DD or smaller, I love the Moving Comfort Fiona. For larger sizes, Anita Extreme Control and the Goddess sports bra really keep things locked down. Make sure you are accurately measured-- wearing the wrong size is a common mistake and will affect the bounce control.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have the high impact champion ones from khols. I just found the same ones at tj maxx for 7.99
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lululemon energy bra or Victoria's Secret. Great for high impact and sizes DD or smaller.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bluelotus13bluelotus13 member
    edited November 2014
    I was actually having an issue finding ones that fit me recently (just ballooned to 34G >_<) and so I went on a hunt for something that would be supportive but also continue to give me a good range of motion with the added benefit of being able to wear it underneath my every day clothes since I don't want to buy a normal bra until after my breasts have figured themselves out haha
    Pre-G size, I LOVED my bra from Lucy but once I grew out of it I ended up finding that the only place that carried extended sizes in person was Nordstrom (which saddened me since I hate spending a lot of money). But I was surprised! They actually had a nice selection of sports bras that were reasonably priced considering what some of their other bras cost, and the one I ended up taking home was Natori. It's excellent for support, can be worn casually, and has these really interesting adjustment straps that help make it an easy transition bra as I continue to grow. 

• Options
    I LOVE the VS pink sports bras! Unfortunately I'm in the largest size now and newly pregnant so I'm gonna need to find a different brand. :/
  • Options
    Moving comfort. Fiona style is what I have and I'm a 34-36/C-D
    ~Jenn~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cali *our first love* 1/20/12
  • Options
    I just bought a few of the Moving Comfort Rebound Racer bras.  They were on sale for $30 each from the New Balance website.  They have velcro straps, so they're somewhat adjustable.  
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Victorias Secret. The VSX Incredible Sports bra is amazing. I'm a 36DD (not pregnant) and I love mine. They're just over $50 but they have weekend specials occasionally where they are all $25-$35.
  • Options
    I was a 44H before I became pregnant. I have no idea what bra size I am now at 21 weeks. My breasts are so soar that I go without a bra at home as much as possible. I share your frustrations.
  • Options
    VSX and Moving Comfort Fiona are awesome bras for support without being too much like a breast plate.
  • Options
    Moving Comfort!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker