Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My 3 week old won't let me put her down

I'm a first time mom with a beautiful 3 week old daughter. The last few days she won't let me put her down. I have a rocker, bouncy chair and a play pen. So whe. She freaks out in one I transfer her into another but that doesn't work. I'm now spending all day on the couch holding her so she doesn't cry (she doesn't cry when she's held) idk what to do! I can't get anything done around the house. What did you do to combat this problem? Hint and tips desperately wanted

Re: My 3 week old won't let me put her down

• Options
    A carrier would help. I put my daughter in one when she is being clingy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    A carrier would help. I put my daughter in one when she is being clingy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She might be gassy. My 3 week old son is going through this. I burp him a lot. Massage and pump legs in bicycle motion to get digestion going. And I also keep him upright for 20 min after feeding. Oh-just started simethicone gas drops. All of this has helped but it has not gone away completely.

If she is fussy during feeding, I would take her to the doc just to make sure everything is ok. Our Ped said if baby gets so fussy that he can't eat, to bring him in. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that is experiencing this. I hate to say this but my little girl is 2 months old and I've pretty much spent my entire maternity leave on the couch because I can't hardly seem to put her down either. Scary thing is, I go back to work Tuesday and she starts daycare. I'm super nervous that she's just gonna cry the whole time because she wants to be held and they won't be able to provide that for her
  • Options
    I'd say a carrier too.  moby is very versitile and you can move around alot
  • Options
    r0zzr0zz member
    Moby! My bbg loved that thing and I was able to get around and get stuff done
  • Options
    Try swaddling her like they do in the hospital so she feels secure when she isn't being held. Good luck!