High-Risk Pregnancy

Cerclage experience please come in

i had a cerclage place almost 3 weeks ago. I am just shy of 23 weeks. My cervix was 7mm, and Dr was able to suture to 1.5cm. Last had my cervix checked on Thursday and it was 1.6cm-2.0cm. I was allowed to return to work one week after procedure on light duty. I was told to call MFM if I suspected leaking fluid or had any bloody discharge. I have had neither of these issues and I have an appt with MFM this Wed. I feel kicking so low that I think a foot might drop out my vagina. Is this normal with a cervix this short? I am on progrestone suppositories. Last night I swear I could feel a baby arm or leg when I put that suppository in. These too things are making me paranoid and I'm not sure any of this warrants a call to MFM. I need to keep this baby cooking a while. Should I call MFM?
TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Cerclage experience please come in

• @happywifemomofone I had a cerclage placed at 23 weeks and i share those same worries... However i get my cervix measured every week so i take it a day at a time. I am on modified bedrest so i cant work but when the tech measured my cervix before i was admitted for surgery i could see my baby literally stomping on my cervix and when i feel kicks they are always really low... My best advice (because i am ridiculously paranoid) and this is my first ever pregnancy... if u are worried call, its better to be safe than sorry. I have a fetal care nurse on call and i call her at any time day or night for anything... As she has instructed me to do. But try not to WORRY... Stress can only make things worse so take it as easy as you can and go with your gut feelings.
  • I had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks because my cervix was only measuring 1.8cm (18mm).  When they were measuring my cervix, you could clearly see the baby sitting on my cervix, to the point where the tech was having a hard time getting measurements because he was so low on my cervix.  I will be 32 weeks tomorrow, started progesterone suppositories at 22 weeks.  After I started the suppositories, I thought I was leaking fluid and went in to have it checked out, but it was just an increase in discharge (even though it was watery and with my prior pregnancy I didn't have that).  My doctor also said that I could have some spotting because of the suppository as well.  I've had 3 cervix checks since then (last one was 26 weeks) and my cervix had lengthened to 2.5cm.  I have another sonogram at 34 weeks and will have the cerclage removed at 37 weeks (stopping suppositories at 35 weeks).  There have been multiple times where I feel him moving on my cervix.  In fact, last week it felt like he was stabbing my cervix, to the point where I was flinching.  I keep reminding myself that I am carrying very low and not to worry unless I start having contractions or suspect my water has broken.  When in doubt, call your doctor, but it may be a feeling that you have to get used to.  If it was truly an arm or foot that you thought you felt, your water would have broken and you would have to dilate (and my thought is that with a cerclage stitching you shut, it would hurt like hell if you started dilating that much).  Good luck! :)
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, it is helpful to read others experiences-since I don't know anyone IRL that has gone through this. I did call OB, new issue this morning is that I'm unable to empty my bladder and am super uncomfortable. Waiting to be seen in ER and hoping to get some answers! Thinking maybe baby is sitting on ureters?? We shall see.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome