December 2014 Moms

4 month old arching back

Just wondering if anyone has experienced their 4 month old bsby arching up their back. Mine is doing it constantly now

Re: 4 month old arching back

• Yes mine does it all the time like folds her body over. It's hard to put her in her car seat and Down sometimes. She enjoys doing it lol. But it doesn't seem to do her any harm.
  • Ours likes to arch his back when he's lying down.. I think it's his attempt at rolling over/getting a better look without rolling over. He's also formed a bad habit of throwing himself backwards when he's being held. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually asked our doctor about this at the four month appointment. First she looked at me like a crazy FTM for asking if arching the back was OK. Then she said - "Why would you think it was a problem? It's not at all." I guess you CAN ask your doctor too many dumb questions! Haha. 
  • Thanks heaps was getting worried she was in pain.haha I don't think it was a silly question I was going to take her to dr fir it :)
  • Arching of the back cam be indicative of reflux. But my LO also has seemed to start practicing the yoga back arch move.

Test
  • Mine does it when it's nap time and he gets fussy