TTC After a Loss

Painful sex after MC?

Tried to have sex for the first time 1.5 weeks after natural MC and it was so painful! I went to my OB to get checked out and more pain when she pressed on my cervix. Has anyone else had this issue after MC? She also said she wants me to wait a few more weeks before trying to have sex or do heavy exercise again! Whaaaaaaat?! I just want to feel normal again.

Re: Painful sex after MC?

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a D&C so I don't have much to offer regarding a natural miscarriage but I sympathize with wanting to exercise and have sex with my husband. I had my D&C a week ago and they told me to wait two weeks. I too am dying to get my life back and focus on other things.
  • I had a loss in late December, to answer your question: Yes, and I was instructed to wait 6 weeks after my miscarriage (to prevent infection). The first time we tried, I just couldn't keep going. My abdmonial area was still tender and penetration hurt...it also was a very painful emotional reminder of my loss. I am so sorry for your loss. Listen to your doctor and your body will heal. One day at a time.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a D&C instead of a natural mc but I have noticed that I seem to be much more sensitive down there. (TMI sorry) I tend to prefer a little rougher sex so it has been much more mild since my mc because I can't handle as much as I used to before. Still very enjoyable so I'm not complaining.