April 2015 Moms
Options

41+3 with a cold...anyone else suffering the same predicament?

Sooooo...I've had a cold the past three days and today is the worst it's been! I'm 41+3 today so I'm hoping I can kick it before I go into labor! Anyone else had or has the same thing going on? I need a buddy on this one...

Re: 41+3 with a cold...anyone else suffering the same predicament?

• Options
    No, but that sucks! I hope you feel better soon.

My nearly three year old woke up last night vomiting & continued this morning. I'm hoping I can avoid it since my RCS is scheduled for Tues morning.
  • Options
    Oh no!! I hope it's a quick stomach bug, my toddler had one of those this season but it was over in a couple days. I hope the same rings true for your little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a cold for two weeks before I gave birth. Almost positive it was bronchitis. When I went into labor I couldn't breath through the contractions and was getting sick every contraction so they gave me an epidural. Then when I started pushing they had an oxygen mask next to me so that I could use it between contractions. It sucked but was totally worth it when I saw my little girl. <3
  • Options
    I have a huge phobia of this happening for some reason. It's been a lifelong fear, I was also scared of getting a cold on my wedding. So, I am very very sorry that you are experiencing that. Hope that the worst is behind you when it's baby time. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    I am now in that boat. Last week I was suffering from bad allergies. All weekend I felt like crap and no allergy meds were working. Today, woke up with a fever and I think my allergies have turned into a sinus infection. Yay...
  • Options
    sks306 said:

I am now in that boat. Last week I was suffering from bad allergies. All weekend I felt like crap and no allergy meds were working. Today, woke up with a fever and I think my allergies have turned into a sinus infection. Yay...

Oh no! I'm so sorry :(
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    I am 39+4 with a cold. I feel miserable! I cant seem to kick it either, drinking lots of fluids and trying to get rest. Dont want to feel like this during labor!
  • Options
    sks306 said:

Oh yuck, I'm hope they can start you on antibiotics or something to make sure that's all cleared up before baby time!
  • Options
    steph0611steph0611 member
    edited April 2015
    I felt like that and was so congested. My dr gave me a script for a z-pak to kick it out before labor. Last dose was Saturday, went into labor Sunday. Feeling totally normal now. Ask your dr for some relief!
  • Options
    I thought I might just have allergies but I've been waking up with the worst sore throat. Tea and salt water gargles really help, resting up and hoping it doesn't get worse for me. I'll be induced on Monday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sorry to hear you got a cold, I'm not suffering the same predicament but I am now as of today 44 weeks and can't wait for labour to start, may have dates out by a week or 2 but don't think so, I have read and heard of Armish, Mormon women going beyond 44 weeks and up to 48 weeks, now looking into ways to start labour

• Options
    I've had sinus issues for over a month now. It got better, then The other day it got worse. I'm 39+2. I get short of breath even just trying to chew my meals. I hope I kick it before labor...you're not alone!