Eco-Friendly Family

Bum Wipes for Baby?

I want to switch to a more eco-friendly, chlorine free baby wipe for my daughter. I read that Seventh Generation's aren't biodegradable, and Earth's Best contain Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, which over time can release formaldehyde. 

Any recommendations? I'm on the hunt for some decent wipes for quick cleaning when we're on the road or traveling. 

Re: Bum Wipes for Baby?

• I keep cloth wipes in a resealable container with a little water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Natracare are made from organic cotton.  They are a little pricey, but very gentle on babe's bum.

We also use old secondhand cotton swaddling/ receiving blankets that I tore up into squares, with a little water and Weleda Calendula Oil.
  • I'm not sure if this helps you when it comes to traveling, I guess it depends if you're willing to wash them when you get home. :) You can make your own that are reusable! Using reusable paper towels, and a homemade and natural solution like from anwjohnston.blogspot.com. I think they'd be easily transportable if you have a Tupperware container, and a baggy like fir disposable diapers.

I haven't used the solution, but I have a friend who had and it works for her.i bought reusable papertowels and love them, especially with snaps instead of Velcro. Found them of etsy, and am thrilled I got to buy local and supporting a small business too! xx

• Don't know if this helps when you're on-the-go, but we use cheap baby washcloths and water. We also cloth diaper, so it makes it easy to wash them, but I'm sure you could just throw them in with a load of towels. If they have poop on them, though, you'll probably have to do a short rinse cycle in the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image  image
  • We use cloth wipes with water at home and use The Honest Co. disposables when we are out. We are very happy with them!
  • Water Wipes. 
  • We use cloth ones at home.