Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

could Bibsters disposable bibs cause a rash??

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the disposable bibs that bibsters makes. I just started using them a little while ago with my 15 month old. I was getting too lazy to clean the regular ones. They would just collect in the sink and it would take me forever to get to them. So I finally gave in and bought a bunch of disposables. All of a sudden, I think around the time I started to use them he got a rash around his neck. I wasnt sure if it was from something he ate maybe. However, the rash wouldn't go away. I asked the Dr. and he said it looks like just dry skin and advised to put lotion on it. So I did. Didn't work. I tired putting a little cortizon on it because it was red! Then it would fade then come back again. I finally realized today maybe its the bibs! thats the only new thing thats been touching his neck! has anybody else gone through that with these bibs? I tried researching online but there's nothing about it. I guess the onlyy way to find out is to take a break from using them. :/ back to the old washing bibs by hand I guess!

Thanks in advance for any comments on this!

Re: could Bibsters disposable bibs cause a rash??

• Options
    I have never used them, but I would say each child's skin could react to different things. It is as u say, stop using them for a while and see if it goes away. Does the label say anything in regards to what materials are used to make the bibs? If it does, stay away from those type of fibers as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker