March 2015 Moms

Baby toys

When did your babies start showing interest in a toy? I have a 6 week old and my DH said he is way too young for a toy right now which I can understand because it's not like he is going to hold onto it. But I was at a mom's group the other day and a girl had her 3 week old and had a mirror set up for him and was showing him toys. So when do i start pulling them out to show him?

Re: Baby toys

• We have an activity mat and our LO stares at the little moving toys while she lays underneath it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think just whenever they start showing interest! I have a three week old and we have a little car seat toy thing strapped to the handle. He kinda notices it but doesn't reach out or anything. It's not going to harm your baby to introduce a few toys, but be careful not to overwhelm your baby. It's super easy with all the cute, blingy and noisy baby toys out there. I'm a big believer that a lot of modern baby stuff is extremely over stimulating. Just remember how young and under developed they are. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I just attached a thing to my 7 week old's car seat today. I don't expect her to try play with it for a bit but since she can see better it's a little visual stimulation.
  • My 6 week old loves her bouncy seat. She gets so excited to see the toys hanging down. She tries really hard to reach them, but she can't yet. My fiancé bought her a tiny stuffed rabbit with crinkle ears today. She really likes the sound the ears make. She starts to giggle when I crinkle them lol. You can introduce them. It won't hurt.
  • My LO doesn't even need toys. Her favorite thing to look at during tummy time or mat time is colourful gift bags ! And we have a ton of those from the baby shower. They are free and keep her busy (for now)!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My daughter is 6 weeks old. She has a bunch of toys, rattles and stuffed things that she's not interested in at all. I just bought her wrist rattles. I heard they're good to teach babies cause and effect I'm gonna try them when she's awake and not fussy.