Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Anxiety/Worry Rant

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this or not, but since I was feeling lonely I thought I'd write a post.  I just seem to be in a haze lately of constant worry, and that all the worrying will prevent me from being able to get pregnant again, and then I worry about that.  I'll be honest I'm a worry wart and am quick to panic.  I honestly knew there wasn't something right with my pregnancy, but I saw the heartbeat at 9wks and a blanket of worry had been lifted, but in the back of my mind it was still there, and I guess I should have been worried.  I feel like my head is going 1000 miles per hour and I just want to slow down and breath.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks?  Maybe some hobbies they like that I should look into?

Sorry if my post upset anyone, I'd hate to worry other people with my worrying :-(
BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"

Re: Anxiety/Worry Rant

• Options
    @bntfroggie - I worry ALL the time. Here are a couple things I've done to help cope:
    1. Fill my house with relaxing scents. Lavender has been extremely calming.
    2. Garden. This makes me feel like I'm nurturing something and effect a positive change.
    3. Read. If you like reading, find a really engaging book.
    4. Guilty habit - video games. They're engaging and distracting. If I find myself in a tizzy, I distract myself until I settle down.
    5. Walk. Getting out into nature, practicing breathing techniques while walking, and the sunshine can be uplifting.
    6. Seek support. I've found a lot of support here, and my family and husband have been great sounding boards to just get concerns out of my head.

Best of luck to you. I completely understand how you feel. <3
  • Options
    We all worry. It is normal to worry about things. I have done some journaling. I actually made a journal jar last night that I am going to start using that has prompts in it. I found the idea on Pinterest. Look up journal jars and you will find tons of ideas. Hope that helps. Sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I worry all the time. I do the exact same things as @malone128 including video games! Anything I can do to distract myself. My husband agreed when we started our second round of IVF for me to quit work to focus on the appts and such. Now, I am home alone all day with only my thoughts so if I don't make myself get busy it's a tough day.
  • Options
    I'm worrying a lot less now that I'm finishing up the post-surgery symptoms and moving closer to the happier stage of trying again. My problem is that I have a one-track mind and I obsess a bit. That's why I'm on here all the time. I've reached this "put me in the game, coach!" stage and I'm so anxious to get pregnant again or at least be actively trying.

I'm sure I'll worry when I get pregnant again. I've already wondered if by chance I get pregnant on the first try, would I want to get an u/s before I go to Harry Potter World with my husband, parents, sister and nephews. If the growth was on track this time, it would set my mind at ease and I could make a big announcement. But if the growth was behind like last time, it would ruin the weekend.  I'm way ahead of myself, but like I said -- I'm obsessing a bit.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @CarrieandRoy, we went to the Harry Potter event in January at Universal when I didn't even know I was pregnant yet, but our little one was conceived the week before we left according to my calculations.  It was so much fun, you will love it!  I wish I could accept the attitude of what happens will happen, but I"m having a hard time with it.  I honestly can't wait for AF to get here so we can start trying again, maybe that will take my mind off all the what ifs

@rmalone128 What a great list of things to do.  I used to love playing video games, perhaps I will have to get back into it.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    @bntfroggie I realized today that I haven't painted in a long long time. Today is started looking at some of my unfinished pieces took stock of my paint and brushes.
    I can relate to worrying and being in a haze. One day at a time. One hour at a time.
    I'm glad you posted here.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thistle8677, I paint too! Not as often as I'd like. I have been thinking since the miscarriage that I need to try to make time for it.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)