April 2014 Moms
Options

In need of some sleep solution. ... Anyone

so im sure this is something that is posted all the time.. I am in need of advice , suggestions ... My DD will be one tomorrow. She is the worst sleeper ever. She hardly naps, she is breast fed , working on weening right now. She hates bottles .At night she has co slept with mom. She won't sleep at night without nursing. If I put her in her crib at night, I might get an hour out of her and she's awakes again. If I don't go in and sooth her, she fully wakes.
Hubby and I are out of ideas. She shares her room with an older sister so we have tried to keep CIO to a minimum to keep it quiet for her sister..
What do I do. She seems really healthy and active through the day, eats lots.
Any suggestions are a great help at this point

Re: In need of some sleep solution. ... Anyone

• Options
    My go-to book is The Sleep Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. It's hard when you're trying to keep a baby quiet for the sake of older kids. I've done MOTN feelings longer with this one than with my other two because I know that'll knock her out the easiest/fastest. She also could use the extra calories since she still hasn't hit 18lbs yet. Pick up/put down worked well for DD1, where as with DS, we had to CIO and it took 2 nights for him to get it. A couple of nights of poor sleep for big sister is way better than sleepless nights every night for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Could you co-sleep with the older child for a few nights while you do some sort of sleep training with the baby?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read the Entire Ferber book and decided to use what is called 'cry it out'. we were lucky and had no crying at night; she needed the help mostly with naps and that was minimal crying.
    I think the most important thing is to make sure your baby learns to fall asleep on her own (my DD was used to being bounced or rocked to sleep) and that normally requires some sort of sleep training (there are numerous methods)
  • Options

Could you co-sleep with the older child for a few nights while you do some sort of sleep training with the baby?

I was going to suggest something along these lines. It only took us three nights to sleep train LO, maybe do it over a weekend?