TTC After a Loss
Options

Weight loss/ back to normal after miscarriage (D and C)

edited February 2015 in TTC After a Loss
Had a miscarriage and D & C today. Eight weeks along -- heartbeat stopped. This is our first round trying to get pregnant and I am nearly 40. So all very sad and frustrating but I also know very common, etc.

Gained about 6 pounds while TTC (Clomid) and then while pregnant (was taking Progesterone). Very eager to lose the weight right away and return to myself before we start TTC again. So looking for experience from others who've been through this. Thanks

Re: Weight loss/ back to normal after miscarriage (D and C)

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. My d&c is scheduled for this Friday(11wks). I gained about 20 while TTC (infertility is stressful!) and 5 before the loss. I'm also eager to lose the weight and get my body ready again to try. My plan is to change up the diet and cardio my butt off...literally. I lost about 40 before my wedding a few years ago with kickboxing. It really released all the pent up anger and stress. I have pretty bad asthma and knees, so my instructor often showed me less impact options. Good luck!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I just had a D&C 2 weeks ago. I was cleared to begin exercising as soon as I felt up to it, and since then I feel like my body has let go of the extra weight I had put on pretty easily. After my d&e last May, though, I felt like it took forever, but I was also nearly 19 weeks with my first loss and had gained nearly 20 lbs. After that it was really difficult to get back into my routine and lose the weight. My body shape had completely changed after that. My advice is just to continue your work outs and taking care of yourself and your body will eventually get back to normal. GL with everything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gained over 10 lbs while ttc during multiple rounds of Clomid, Femara, an IUI, and IVF. When I finally got pregnant and then lost the baby, I took the next 6 weeks to kind of get myself back in order. I hadn't felt like myself in so long due to the drugs and weight gain.

We are trying again right now, but I have to say it actually felt good to get back to thinking about me. I did all of the things I had wanted to do but had felt too afraid to do while ttc, such as horseback riding and trying to get back to wedding weight. I also splurged a lot on my appearance with new makeup, spray tanning, and new hair color. I lost about 8 of the 10 lbs before I had to start taking meds again.

I highly recommend trying a "new you" to help pull yourself out of the depression of loss.
  • Options
    I am in this same boat. D&C is Friday after being pregnant for 9 weeks with twins. I have gained 16 pounds. I contacted a personal trainer today. I want to loose all that and more before trying again.
  • Options
    With the last two losses I gained about 10-15 extra pounds. I was on progesterone with my most recent mc, so I definitely think that contributed to extra weight gain. Since my d&c two weeks ago, I'm down 8lbs. I haven't exercised, but I did make a conscious effort to eat clean and went back to my gluten-free lifestyle (which after 4 years I kind of gave up due to pregnancy cravings.)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers