TTC After a Loss

hello

*warning living children mentioned

Hi all,
Just finding my way in this direction.
I am a 37 year old mother of 4 (ages ranging from 8-18). I have a history of recurrent miscarriage.
My last 3 pregnancies all resulted in early miscarriage, two of them missed.
I had a d&c 11days ago and trying to decide if we should start casually TTC this month or wait for our followup appt to discuss genetic testing....

Anyway, just a quick introduction and happy to be looking forward to the future with all of you xo
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: hello

• Welcome and best of luck!
  • I think it would be hard for me or anyone else to answer that for you. I guess if you feel able to ttc again go for it but 3 miscarriage's in a row must have taken its toll on both you and your partner. If it was me personally I think I'd wait for further testing but that's because I don't feel I'd be able for the emotional side of it if it were to happen again. Was just wondering have go got both boys and girls? I'm sorry for your losses and would like to welcome you on here too xxx
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jodiggity thank you for your response. I'm really not in any hurry to TTC before talking with my Dr.
    I'm in such a weird space right now. I don't even know how to feel about anything. I guess numb..
    I have 3 daughters and a son. They are from a previous marriage. My SO (future dh), does not have any biological children. Over the past 3 years we have dreamed of having a child of our own and the kids have gotten very excited about this as well. It was essentially a family decision.
    The thought of not being able to share a child with all of them is very heartbreaking to me. I want to believe it is possible.
    I love being a mother and I love my children, they are such amazing individuals. I don't have much of a family to speak of, outside of them, so my being a mother has been a rebuilding of sorts.
    I have a very strong desire to gift my SO the experience of fatherhood, even though he has reassured me that if we were unable to have our own baby that he is happy being a stepfather to my 4 children.
    He has been my biggest support and my best friend.
    Sorry totally went on a rant. I needed to get that out. Thanks for reading and being here in general. Xo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thistle8677 It's sounds like you've got an amazing family of your own with a man who loves both you and your children. I hope it does happen for you too and I'd like to think it will. I'm delighted you found this board as I feel it's the only place that you can have conversations with people that really get what you're going through x