October 2015 Moms
Options

plans for mothers day !!!!

I told dh that I wanted to go to the NYC baby expo for mothers day seeing the tix are pricey and the event is the weekend after ...he said OK!!!! But I have a feeling well still be doing smtn on the day of!

What would you like for mothers day?
What has been your best mothers day day or present?
FTM are you going to celebrate mothers day this year or are you going to wait till next?

Re: plans for mothers day !!!!

• Options
    This is our first. We will wait until next year to celebrate but congratulations. That sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    I want to be pampered on mothers day ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last Mothers Day my husband gave me spa certificate for a massage. :) This year, I am hoping to have our gender reveal and a mother's day brunch at our place!
  • Options
    Probably Won'tDo Anything Ever. MyHusbandS Mother Died On Mothers Day And Our Babys Due Date Is Her Birthday.
  • Options

Probably Won'tDo Anything Ever. MyHusbandS Mother Died On Mothers Day And Our Babys Due Date Is Her Birthday.

@knottie70898881 I'm sorry to hear that but that's no reason for you to not be celebrated or his mom for that fact!

@jamielynne1533 yay spa !!!
    @allyx1029 the one day we can demand to be pampered aside from our bdays!!!!
    @MirandaC1984 awww by next yr you'll have your Lil baby but you should give yourself some sort of mommy prep gift ! All this ms and aches I'm sure you have earned it !

• Options
    My husband and I will be returning from vacation the previous day, but I suspect there will be lunch with my parents. I just got off the phone with my mom, she is excited about being a grandma.
  • Options
    No plans that I'm aware of and I honestly doubt doing something for me would ever cross my fiancé's mind.

My Mom will probably get me a card and a small gift.
  • Options
    My husband will be gone for military training on mother's day. I'm tryng not to let him see that I'm a little heartbroken about this, because I am so proud of his military service and I know he loves doing it, so I don't want him to feel guilty or pressured by my crazy hormonal self.
  • Options
    Hopefully doing a gender reveal bbq the Saturday before Mother's Day. Just waiting to see if baby will let us see on my appointment !
  • Options
    I am trying to convince my husband to order me a necklace I reallllllly really want, it has baby's first heartbeat on it. (So far I am having minimal luck, though he said I would get it before baby was born). Otherwise we will just be doing what we always do, dinner with my mom and one of my sisters. 
  • Options
    Really hoping to find out sex of the baby! There's a boutique ultrasound not too, too far from us and I'll be far enough along to tell (might even be finding out the next day haha... a little impatient over here, can you tell?). Just trying to convince the hubby it's worth it. I'll probably approach it like "well... you could take me out to a nice dinner, or we could save $20 bucks, go find out the sex of the baby then go watch the new Avengers movie (soooooo excited for that, by the way!!!!)..."
  • Options
    We usually just visit with parents (both sides) and have lunch/dinner.

My best gift was my first Mother's Day. My husband gave me a mother's ring with diamonds and rubys- mine and my daughter's birthstones. I really treasure it and hope to gift it to my daughter when she becomes a mother in the very, very distant future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and months ago we bought concert tickets for the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend. Then after we found out we were pregnant, I keep telling my DH that's my Mother's Day present lol

We probably won't do anything big until next year when the baby is here.

• Options
    abkenyonabkenyon member
    edited April 2015
  • Options

Fathers Day has been a sore subject since my dad was killed 9 years ago.  I just haven't seen the point of celebrating all the other fathers while everyone is happy and to me it is being shoved in my face that my dad is dead.  My husband has been excepting of that as he was the one that had to tell me my dad had just been killed.  It was hard for him too.  We are now pregnant with our first and I am looking forward to not being sad on Fathers Day next year when we get to celebrate my husband being a dad.  I just have to get through one more Fathers Day before then.  Give our husband some time and maybe the new baby will give him a reason to not forget his mom but to celebrate you as a mom.
  • Options

Really hoping to find out sex of the baby! There's a boutique ultrasound not too, too far from us and I'll be far enough along to tell (might even be finding out the next day haha... a little impatient over here, can you tell?). Just trying to convince the hubby it's worth it. I'll probably approach it like "well... you could take me out to a nice dinner, or we could save $20 bucks, go find out the sex of the baby then go watch the new Avengers movie (soooooo excited for that, by the way!!!!)..."

that is so what I am doing but not for mothers day I have to go see the avengers movie dh D's n I are big fans !

• Options
    RIGHT?!? It's going to be SO hard to wait a whole week for it!!!! AGE OF ULTRON!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

By the way, ladies, a lot of places have mother's day walk/ runs (other thing I was thinking of doing). I feel like, ambitious as a half marathon would be while pregnant), it would definitely be a memorable mother's day. I know western Mass has one but I've been seeing them pop up in most states. 
  • Options
    What would you like for mothers day? To take the day off of work and relax with my family!
    What has been your best mothers day day or present? Last year was my first mothers day and we went to Olive Garden, but it turned out awful. DD was screaming bloody murder and wouldn't calm down so I had to ditch my amazing food and go nurse her in the car and try to settle her down. She was so wild. Hoping this year will be a tad better!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @yoopermom824 yay isn't that what being a mom is all about !!! Once they get a bit older it gets so much more fun D's last year wanted to wait on me hand and foot he and Dh made me breakfast and took me out to eat ! Yay I also got this beautiful diamond mom necklace AMAZING!

• Options
    There aren't any plans that I know of, our anniversary is the weekend before so I usually get a combo deal, which I'm fine with. 

Usually the hubs just lets me lounge around in bed all day if I want to and takes over my regular Sunday errands/chores.  
    Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What I reeeeaaallly want for Mother's Day is to just have a non-stressful fun day with my family. Ever since I got married splitting equal holiday time between my DH's family and mine has been a challenge. We are both very close to our family's and they all live within a half an hr from us. This wasn't a big deal on mother's/father's day before kids bc we saw mine in the morning and his in the evening. Well now that we have our own kids I would like to spend some time with our little family, when I attempted to arrange that last year DH's father informed him that "you need to remember it's mother's day, not wives day". Apparently even though I'm the mother of our children I still don't count bc I'm not his mother...It broke my heart and now I'm dreading mothers day.
  • Options
    My husband isnt even going to realise that it'll mothers day for me too. Better yet, I bet he'll forget about his mom, too :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have my 19wk ultrasound that Friday and hopefully we'll find out the sex of LO....EEEKKKKK! If LO corporates, our mothers will be getting gender reveal presents telling them what their new grandbaby will be! The day of mothers day I believe we're meeting my MIL for lunch. My boyfriend has mentioned making me something for mother's day...? Lol.. We'll see what he comes up with.
    This year I'm excited to see what cute craft my DD will make for me at school and Sunday school. She's 5 and LOVES making her Momma cards! :x