Parenting after 35
Options

Do you hide your music from your kids?

Some of my music isn't very kid friendly but right now singing along to it is saving my sanity. I suck at lullabies - even DH is showing me up with his made up rhymes. At some point in the distant future, I'll screen the lyrics.

Re: Do you hide your music from your kids?

• Options
    I didn't at first but when DS started singing along to "F&@(* You" I quickly deleted it and bought the radio version, "Forget You". I created a different profile on my MacBook with just his music on it so he couldn't access mine. I also lock my phone so he can't play the music there. The novelty eventually wore off. He has his own iPad now and isn't interested in my music that much anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never listened to much music that wasn't suitable for kids. What little I do have I wouldn't want to expose my daughter to it. I have a lot of eighties music, we listen to that the most. Or I'll just turn on the radio, we have an awesome local station.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not yet. I will soon
    Since the oldest is just starting to pick things up from hearing the radio.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have satalite radio so we haven't heard a current song in ages.  We play kids songs in the car or kid appropriate songs.  I did have a parental brain fart when I decided to play the Black Eyed Peas "time of my life" remake.  My 3 year old LOVES to dance so thought "hey this would be a fun one to dance to."  Forgot about the rest of the lyrics and now she asks me for "the dirty bit song."  Parental fail.  So yeah, I monitor what they hear because those little ears sure as hell are listening.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We listen to Pandora, so I've been having to 'thumbs down' songs that have profanity in them which makes me sad, a lot of Sublime lyrics have profanity and they're one of my favorite chill bands! But we found a station on there that plays lullabies and also has recreations of popular music in baby style music (so they sound like lullabies) called Rockabyebaby. Most of the music on that station is intrumental, so I sometimes sing the lyrics to the baby or just hum. I like it, I leave it on in his room at night, seems like he's crying less now with the music.
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • Options
    Profanity is not the problem in my case, it's dark/destructive lyrics. DH doesn't think it's a problem, but what does he know? He rarely pays attention to the lyrics.