AF or just more bleeding? — The Bump
TTC After a Loss

AF or just more bleeding?

Hi ladies! Good luck to all TTC!

I MC 3/18 at around 5 weeks. Bled for a week, stopped and had brownish discharge for a few days. Friday AM started up again passing large clots a couple times a day, I would cramp for an hour or so and know one was coming.

I stopped bleeding and more brown stuff (very light) since Monday. Now I've started up again but this time feels more like AF, I'm bloated, crampy, and more steady flow.

How long after MC did you have your first period?

I'm thinking this may be it - I'm doing Fertility treatments and have to go in for tests and blood work certain days but how am I supposed to do that when I can't tell AF from more MC bleeding! Ugh!

Re: AF or just more bleeding?

• It's just too hard to tell. Some of my m/cs were all at once, and others were off and on. The only way to tell what's going on is to monitor HCG levels. If your doc isn't doing repeat tests to track you down to zero, insist on it. If they refuse, find a new doctor to continue care with.

I am sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• I'm sorry for your loss. I agree, hcg testing is the only true way to know if everything is out for the mc and af starting. I miscarried after IVF and go get blood done weekly until back to negative.