December 2014 Moms

Car seat and stroller

my 4 1/2 month old babe has almost outgrown his infant seat and we are looking at 3 in 1's. Any recommendations? Also, now that he doesn't fit the infant seat that attached to the stroller, what do you other moms do? Are they okay to be in the stroller on their own now? Or any suggestions on what to do?

Re: Car seat and stroller

• Even though we were able to use the infant seat with our stroller we thought he looked more comfy in the bassinet attachment. Then he got curious and refused to be in his pram, demanded to be carried because he wanted to look at all the things. so he's been in the standard seat from 3 months. I don't think it's an issue if your LO has good head control, but with most seats you can recline them back.
  • My LO loves hanging out in his stroller (Chicco Neuvo). It reclines back into a laying position and he'll fall asleep in it. Even when he didn't have super good head control he could still be in it because of the recline. 

I have the Britax Boulevard convertible car seat, which isn't a 3-in-1 so I can't help with that part. But if you have a compact car like I do, I will say Britax has one of the smallest footprint nd doesn't take up much space in your backseat.