March 2015 Moms
Options

Eating

chelsco13chelsco13 member
edited April 2015 in March 2015 Moms
My LO is almost a month old. Should I still make sure she eats every 3 hours at night or just wait for her to wake up to eat?

Re: Eating

• Options
    As long as baby is gaining weight with no issues then don't wake a sleeping baby! Hope you get some longer night stretches.
  • Options
    My pediatrician said that they can go up to thier 4 hours without eating at night as long as they eat every 2 to 3 hours during the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with PP. Is she formula or breastfed? Formula fed babies may not eat as often as breastfed babies. Great news that she's sleeping well! Growing baby!
  • Options
    She's formula fed. She was only drinking 2 oz every 2-3 hours now she drinks 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours during the day
  • Options
    Like pp have said, as long as your LO is gaining weight and wetting enough diapers, and eating well during the day, you can let her sleep as long as she wants. Every parenting website and resource uses a different variation of timing, but most recommend somewhere between 4-6 hours between feedings at night. Formula fed babies can probably go longer. But, as long as she hasn't had problems, she will wake up to let you know if she is hungry!
  • Options
    My baby is breastfed and goes one 7 hour stretch between feedings at night. Let that baby sleep! You will be much happier too lol
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image