TTC after 35

Hump Day Happy Hour.

I havnt done one of these in a while but I figured we (I) needed it to get through the week.

Pull up a seat, grab the drink of your choice (whiskey and ginger) and let's play a game.

I saw this on one of the other boards not too long ago and I thought it might be fun.

Let's play:
Would you rather.

1. Eat a gourmet meal or have a fabulous dessert.

2. Be too hot or too cold.

3. Get little presents all the time or just something great once in a while.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Hump Day Happy Hour.

• Is it bad that I want to add whiskey to my coffee. :(

1. Gourmet meal.
    I'm not a fan of desserts I think because I bake so much. I love real food. I had the best meal of my life on a cruise ship that had a vegetarian chef on board. It was so good I still remember it. Mmmmmmm

2. I'm going to go with too hot.
    I don't feel hot until it's in the 90's but as long as I'm not in the direct sun I'm good.

3. I would want something special once in a while. I love when a gift means something and is well thought out.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• I'll play!

1. Gourmet meal for sure. As I've gotten longer in the tooth, I've noticed that my sweet tooth has diminished significantly. And the sweets that I enjoy now aren't even really super sweet - like peanut butter or salty caramel. So gourmet meal it is!

2. Too hot 100%. Six years of living in the high desert in Arizona and now living in Miami will do that to you.

3. I'm going with frequent little presents. The little things really keep me going through the day.

Thanks for posting! :)
    TTC #1
    Me- 39, DH- 41

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Gormet Meal since I'm more of a savory and less of a sweet tooth

2. Oh this one is hard... I guess too hot... I hate being cold

3. Little things things all the time, but Ill stipulate that little things can include actions as well as gifts. Sometimes just doing the dishes for me can make my day :-)
  • @rspalding001 I totally agree with the going the dishes as a gift. My daughter cleaned one of the bathrooms and I was so happy.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Great idea @hooligans4!!

1. I would much rather have a gourmet meal! I don't have much of a sweet tooth and my husband is an excellent cook so I'm all about good cookin'!

2. I would much rather be too hot! I cannot stand the cold.

3. I would probably enjoy the frequent little gifts and agree with @rspalding001,little sentiments or gestures frequently brings me more pleasure. Like when my DH decides to change the little box
  • Gourmet meal

I prefer colder climates so will have to go with too cold, although will qualify that it has to be a dry cold. I don't do so well in damp cold. 

I was going to go with something great every once in a while because i generally like practical well thought out gifts. However, after reading the above answers, if defined as frequent small sentiments and gestures i think i would go with that. 

Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN