Preemies

Woah, surprise! Boy at 33 weeks after pre-eclampsia

Holy buckets, has it been a week! Hubs and I came to the hospital Wednesday the 18th after another ridiculous BP, and we got stuck staying! I got put on steroids and magnesium for two days, and baby boy arrived on the 20th by c-section, just barely at 11:50pm!

It's gone mostly well since then, other than a little painful with some extra blood from the c-section and coming off mag for me, but LO is off Cpap and sunning himself like a champ for jaundice.

It's been a truly wild ride! I'm fortunate to be pumping well already, and I'll be grateful when the pain subsides a bit more. What an unbelievable experience!
Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!

Re: Woah, surprise! Boy at 33 weeks after pre-eclampsia

• Congratulations, I'm glad you're both doing well!! :D
  • Thank you! I spoke a little too soon; after checking out of the hospital on Tuesday, I ended up back again with a bleeding hematoma the very same night! We think it was basically another complication of the pre-eclampsia and is hampering my recovery a bit, but I was released again on Thursday night and have successfully stayed out (other than visiting our Ben in the NICU).

Ben is continuing to outpace me in his recovery, off bili lights and IV fluids now completely. At just short of 34 weeks now, we're even introducing the nipple to 'inspire' him a while he gets his meals still through his little tube. I'm pumping great, thankfully! I wish I was healing faster (not a patient mama, at least with myself!), but I'm comforted with Ben's great progress.
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear of your setback, but sounds like u are both on good hands! Such wonderful news about Ben, he sounds like a lil fighter for sure! I know all to well how hard it is to be patient with your body, but please take time to heal, lil Ben will need his momma in tip top shape when he comes home! Many blessing for u two, take care!! ;)
  • Thank you! We're hoping now that he'll come home sometime in mid April, if things keep carrying on well! Can't wait to have him home!

• Hang in there!! He'll be home before you know it.
  • Just wanted to offer my support with the whole preeclampsia delivery and recovery. A c sec is already challenging enough but the mag and the catheter offers a whole new set of challenges for recovery. I am 4 days post op now and still hurt almost like its day 1. Plus staying strong and patient for your NICU little one is way more challenging than I could've ever expected. Hope things are going better for you now & your little one continues to be a champ! Is he home yet?
  • Thanks @blairdavis99! I hope your recovery is progressing quickly as well! I definitely think the pain was worse in the following days... I guess when the drugs finally wear off?

He got himself a little cold so that's interfering with his bottle feeding, so he's not quite home yet, but I think once that resolves it'll be really fast! He's almost 5 pounds!

• @Charmedseed - he is a handsome little guy! You must be so proud! Hope his cold resolves and feeding gets better and he gets to come home to you soon!