November 2015 Moms

Due date 2 weeks off??

Had my 8 week U/S appt today and based on babies measurement, I'm 6 wk1d. I know my LMP started 2/23 so by all calculations I should be 8 weeks and due 11/30. Now I'm 6w1d and due 12/13. My cycles are pretty regular at 28 days. Anyone else experience this or know someone that has?

Re: Due date 2 weeks off??

• Hi there! I was in the same boat as you when I got my first US. At the time we thought I was 11 weeks, but as it turned out I was only 8! Put me in a whole nother birth month! Lol You probably just ovulated late, like I did. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies! Makes me feel better. Thought maybe baby wasn't growing fast enough. Guess I'm in the Dec club now
  • Same boat! Lmp was 2/14 and went last week for my 8 wk us and they measured peanut at 6 wks 1 day so we go back this Thursday to make sure everything is growing right. I'm regular 28 days but I ovulate late so we're sure it's because of that
  • I was 6 days behind what they predicted, but I'm positive I just ovulated late. As long as they saw a healthy heartbeat I think you're just fine :-)
  • sdw84sdw84 member
    Totally normal. I went from 10/23 to 11/04. It kind of bummed me out a little. But now after a few weeks I am fine with it.
  • I was the opposite. I was a week ahead than what my Lmp said. But iv heard many cases much like yours so I wouldn't worry to much :)
  • Nbuisson said:

Had my 8 week U/S appt today and based on babies measurement, I'm 6 wk1d. I know my LMP started 2/23 so by all calculations I should be 8 weeks and due 11/30. Now I'm 6w1d and due 12/13. My cycles are pretty regular at 28 days. Anyone else experience this or know someone that has?

My dates are the exact same as yours!!! My LMP is also 2/23 and am 8 weeks today. I don't have my first spot until next Monday so have to wait a while week! I'm curious to find out what they measure me at.

• I'm anticipating this in a week. My first appt is next Monday and I'll find out then if I'm 11w right now or less. My LMP is 2/3 but the cycle before that was 102 days so I have no idea where in my recent cycle I ovulated. Dying to know how far along I actually am!
  • My LMP and 1st ultrasound were exactly two weeks off. So, two weeks later I had to come back for another ultrasound to make sure baby was growing. In my case everything was perfect, just ovulated late. It sucked though because that's two extra weeks of being this sick.
  • I was one week off! Was super shocked because I felt confident on my LMP. I have another U/S this Friday to make sure the due date estimation is accurate but I was a little bummed at first! Now I just care more about he baby and making sure it's growing properly. In the end what's one or two weeks going to mean anyways right? We all still get to claim our babies on taxes...
    Hahahaha Jkjk totally kidding there.
  • Same boat! Lmp was 2/3, but I was pretty sure I ovulated late, around 2/26. Went in for my appt last week, thought I was 10 wks but measured 3 times at 8wks 3 days. I too was a little bummed (not only longer to wait to announce but also longer for morning sickness). Regardless it was amazing seeing the little one on the US :)
  • Happened to me. I measured 9 days behind at my first appointment based on LMP and due date changed from 11/5 to 11/14. Then, measured 3 days ahead at second appointment so they upped my due date to 11/11. Who knows what'll happen at my next appointment.
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited April 2015

Happened to me. I measured 9 days behind at my first appointment based on LMP and due date changed from 11/5 to 11/14. Then, measured 3 days ahead at second appointment so they upped my due date to 11/11. Who knows what'll happen at my next appointment.

That's odd that they adjusted your DD the second time. The dating accuracy is +/- 5d so most doctors will not move your DD unless it is a week off or more. I measured 3d ahead at my appointment yesterday and nothing was changed.
  • jayleekayejayleekaye member
    edited April 2015
  • Baby's heartbeat was only 44 but I could see it on the U/S. Going to just eat and rest and hoping baby shows growth in the next 10 days.
  • I'm in a similar situation now. Went in on the 13th thought I was about 8 weeks and I measured 5 weeks 3 or 6 days. ( I can't remember) I go back on the 27th to see if there was any growth. Trying to stay hopeful, but this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life. Hopefully I'll see a little bean on my next visit.
  • I need to add that we were not able to see anything but the gestational sac.
  • That's all I could see on my first US, too. Give it a couple weeks and your little peanut will show up!
  • Let me know how it goes on the 27th. Positive thoughts your way!!!
  • Good luck at your appt on Monday!!!!
  • Same boat! Lmp was 2/3, but I was pretty sure I ovulated late, around 2/26. Went in for my appt last week, thought I was 10 wks but measured 3 times at 8wks 3 days. I too was a little bummed (not only longer to wait to announce but also longer for morning sickness). Regardless it was amazing seeing the little one on the US :)

Literally the exact same dates as me! I wasn't surprised though, because I knew what "incident" caused this little one :)

• My lmp was 2/11 they gave me a due date of 11/18.... But I thought I ovulated late idk probably not bc when I went to doctor they told me I was 8wks 1day I was shocked bc I was only expecting to be 6 wks ... They gave me a new due date after that appt of 11/10... So I was pushed up based on the size of my baby idk my next appt is tomorrow I'm excited and hoping to hear heartbeat again! But I'm already showing!
  • CarliB2 said:

Nbuisson said:

My dates are the exact same as yours!!! My LMP is also 2/23 and am 8 weeks today. I don't have my first spot until next Monday so have to wait a while week! I'm curious to find out what they measure me at.

How did your spot go?
  • I'm in a similar situation now. Went in on the 13th thought I was about 8 weeks and I measured 5 weeks 3 or 6 days. ( I can't remember) I go back on the 27th to see if there was any growth. Trying to stay hopeful, but this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life. Hopefully I'll see a little bean on my next visit.

How was your appt?