September 2015 Moms
Options

FTM am I some sort of freak?!

Ok so there are a lot of threads about people not feeling any movement yet. Which is totally normal and expected. But I am a FTM and have been feeling tons of movement! All the way back around 10 weeks I was feeling movement but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or it was just my uterus growing. It didn't feel like flutters, it felt like a ball was rolling across the wall of my uterus. Obviously in the beginning it was only happening if I was very still in bed, and as I got further along I noticed it more and more. At 16 weeks and 3 days I was feeling that sensation and along with it were 2 hard kicks! Since then baby has been kicking like crazy. You are even able to see it from the outside, yesterday I got a video of it at 18 weeks 1 day. Am I some kind of freak to be feeling all this so soon, especially as a FTM? Or are there other people experiencing it too?

Re: FTM am I some sort of freak?!

• Options
    @barrelocarol it is so neat to feel! The other day my mom told me that a super active kicker usually means a hyper child! We might have our hands full!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The 2 month old isn't mine btw hahaha
  • Options
    @PregNancyClark sounds like baby was jealous about mama carrying around someone else haha!
  • Options
    WDDCHWDDCH member
    Textbooks usually center around the average woman. Some women will fall on either side of "that norm".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PregNancyClark, I was sitting here trying to do the math of how you could have a 2 mo old and be in the Sept group, hahaha. It took me a second to see your next comment.
  • Options
    I've felt fluttering since 11w, I'm 20w4d with my second. He's getting stronger every day and really pummeling me!
  • Options
    I felt movements very early with my first and second. This is my third and I can barely feel flutters at 18 weeks. In my experience it has a lot to do with the baby. You're not a freak at all :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been feeling my boy since 13 weeks and he's only gotten more active. I dont care if that makes me a freak b.c I know that he's doing great and him moving all the time let's me know this super hard pregnancy is worth it.
  • Options
    I'm a ftm and I have been feeling baby since 11w 5d
  • Options
    I felt my baby for the first time at 12w. By 16 weeks my DH and I could feel her from the outside and now she kicks all time.
  • Options

I felt my baby for the first time at 12w. By 16 weeks my DH and I could feel her from the outside and now she kicks all time.

Same for me :-)
    I saw my tummy moving last night as baby was rolling around.
    My son was gobsmacked and loved feeling his little bro or sister.
    He always insists on kissing baba goodnight too, which always makes me melt a bit. :x
  • Options
    I only feel slight movements very sporadically, especially after I eat. I'm 18w3d. This is my second, my dd is 5. I've been feeling these subtle movements for a while now, around 13 weeks. My fiance is excited to feel it from the outside, but nothing yet :)