1st Trimester

bleeding & rh negative, do I need rhogam??

I am 9w4d. On friday I went to the ER per my OB for a stat ultrasound due to some bleeding that I was experiencing. The u/s showed that everything was fine and the bleeding eventually tapered off. I had so much on my mind that I didn't even think about being rh negative and apparently neither did my OB. Now that I've thought about it and been reading things online, should I of gotten the rhogam shot???? I called my OB but he will not be in until later. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?? I'm kind of freaking out that I didn't receive the shot and it has now been a few days :( 

Re: bleeding & rh negative, do I need rhogam??

• Do you know your DHs blood type? If he's for sure positive than I would assume you'd need the shot.
  • It's usually given at around 27, 28 weeks in a normal pregnancy and it's also not much of an issue in first pregnancies. It all depends on your DH's blood type because if he's also rh negative then there's no issue. Did you get all the blood work back yet? They usually will let you know if the shot was needed or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, he is positive. I'm going after work to get the shot but it's been well over the 72 hour mark.