1st Trimester

Need tips for relaxing!

hi! I'm 5w4days, and feeling every emotion possible. I'm so worried that a little pain may be sign of a miscarriage and feeling nothing means I'm not pregnant anymore. I'm totally paranoid, all the time. Does anyone have any tips to help me relax and just get through this trimester without making myself insane? Thank you!!! :-S

Re: Need tips for relaxing!

• Education is always the best tactic against worry and anxiety. Read a pregnancy book so that you know what's normal or not. Aches and pains can be normal and may get worse as the pregnancy progresses. Feeling nothing is a great thing. Why in the world would you want to feel sick if you don't have to?
    Symptoms=/=healthy pregnancy.
  • Having my hubby give me a foot massage helps me relax. I have also been taking warm baths and that helps alot.

• Loading the player...
  • The books make my anxiety worse:( but there is a lot of truth to what is being said: why do I want to be sick? Maybe TV and movies have taught me that I have to be nauseous all the time when pregnant...
  • The books make my anxiety worse:( but there is a lot of truth to what is being said: why do I want to be sick? Maybe TV and movies have taught me that I have to be nauseous all the time when pregnant...

Television is the worst when it comes to depicting pregnancy, like literally the worst. It always makes me roll my eyes lol.
  • Symptoms will come and go. My symptoms were so mild it made me nervous too. Then I thought maybe I'd be lucky and skip the ms....no. Today at 7wks the symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks. I've had ms all day and tons of other symptoms full force. Every pregnancy is different, every woman's body handles pregnancy differently.