Health & Exercise

Rash on face- 37 Weeks Pregnant

Hi all, I'm a long time watcher/first time poster.

I've tried to use all natural products on my skin throughout my pregnancy to avoid the transference of chemicals to my unborn baby. Since about 8 weeks I've used plain organic coconut oil in place of lotion all over my body and face. For the past month or so I've noticed a lot of tiny, sore, red bumps on my face- mainly concentrated around my eyes and eyelids and on my cheeks. From afar it just looks like a red rash, but the bumps are visible up close and they are not found anywhere else on my body, neck or face. They are not itchy and do not pop like pimples, they are just sore and sensitive. My midwife merely said that there are many skin conditions that can develop with pregnancy, but I haven't had a single other complication throughout my entire pregnancy so I just find it strange for something like this to start up now.

Has anyone else had any experience with a rash like this developing in late pregnancy?

Re: Rash on face- 37 Weeks Pregnant

• I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have developed an itchy rash on my belly (an area about the size of by hand around my belly button) and no where else either. I had my doctor look at it during my appointment today and he basically told me the same thing as your midwife told you. He suggested I take benadryl but I'm choosing just to deal with the itch. He said it was safe to take while pregnant but I'd rather not expose baby to unnecessary meds. Guess I'm just going to deal with the itchiness for now.
    Good luck to you.
  • I have found some (mild) relief from the soreness with a non-comedogenic oil free lotion after I get out of the shower- its the Eucerin brand and I've been trying to drink more water. Hopefully things will be back to normal after delivery!
  • Loading the player...
  • Rrp14Rrp14 member
    My doctor told me its because of the toxic chemicals that are found in the products we use daily. I was horrified when I started reading the ingreditents on the labels. I switched all of my houshold and personal products to Ava Anderson Non Toxic in Feb 2014. I have faithfully used them and recently became a consultant because I am so passionate about spreading the message about avoiding toxic chemicals and sharing the research with fellow mammas and mothers to be. I would be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested. Please send me an email at macderment.r@gmail.com or visit my Ava site to learn more www.AvaAndersonNE.com