1st Trimester

7 weeks and some light bleeding

I'm 7 weeks and 2 days. I'm going for my first prenatal appointment in exactly one week. When I wiped this morning I had some light bleeding. Not spotting, but light bleeding. This is the first time I've seen this since finding out that I was pregnant. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be super worried? I'm kinda freaking out right now! :(
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 7 weeks and some light bleeding

• jenbstevensjenbstevens member
    edited April 2015
    Don't worry unless it gets worse. I've had frequent spotting and my doctor always says that bleeding is not a concern unless it is heavy (soaking a pad in an hour) or accompanied by cramping. Good luck and try to relax.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 7w4d, and I had spotting constantly over the weekend. Kinda freaked out and asked my doc to move up my 8 week sonogram to yesterday, and baby is doing just fine! I also had it with my first (although the spotting with her didn't last as long as this time), and it was fine then too. Try to relax and not worry, unless it gets really heavy or you're getting bad cramps with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much ladies! I called my doctor and she sees no reason to move my appointment up since it's next Tuesday. She said to relax and just watch closely and report if there are any changes (like heavier flow or bad cramps). They want to do an ultrasound at my appt. so I'm hoping everything will be good and show a healthy little baby with a strong heartbeat! Thanks again for your advice!   ;;)
    BabyFruit Ticker