December 2015 Moms
Options

Some people don't understand

I feel like some people just don't understand how hard the first trimester can really bed. Just because we're not showing yet doesn't mean we're not growing another human. Ok rant over haha

Re: Some people don't understand

• Options
    Right? I'm tired all the time and I don't think my DH understands he hasn't said anything but I can tell he thinks I'm being lazy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rmj28rmj28 member
    I just waited 25 minutes for a sandwich at subway and it made me cry.. My husband is starting to understand. I've slept until almost noon both days this weekend, and he's been surprisingly supportive. I think the fear of miscarriage is second, and excitement is first. One day at a time.
  • Options
    I honestly believe that the first trimester is the hardest part of pregnancy. You have a lot of the same symptoms/complaints but you get absolutely zero sympathy. And you don't even get the joy of feeling baby move.
  • Options
    meppsmepps member
    I agree! It's nice for us to have a "safe zone" with no judgements where we can complain about the not-so-magical parts of pregnancy!
    I have to admit I used to be one of those people that thought pregnancy wasn't hard at the beginning or didn't wear you out until you started showing.... Now I know better!

• Options
    I totally agree!
  • Options
    This is my fourth and so far has been the hardest symptoms wise. Dead tired....constant upset stomach and headaches. And to make things weirder all I want to eat is peanut butter and jelly.
  • Options
    I can completely relate. I had some early spotting so my DR put me on mostly bed rest. I lay around most of the day bored out of my mind but then when I do get up all I want to do is crawl back in bed.
  • Options
    @bkeller34 This is my 4th also and my 3 pregnancies before this were cake compared to this one.
  • Options
    It sucks.
  • Options
    The second trimester is the easiest. I'm looking forward to it.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy. I can deal with the exhaustion, sore boobs, and the hormones. But the father of my child has decided he doesn't want to talk to me unless he has to. He wants a DNA test! And he won't even tell if he's going to the first appointment. I'm so disappointed in him and in myself. I don't know if I can do this.
  • Options
    ndreece20 said:

This is my first pregnancy. I can deal with the exhaustion, sore boobs, and the hormones. But the father of my child has decided he doesn't want to talk to me unless he has to. He wants a DNA test! And he won't even tell if he's going to the first appointment. I'm so disappointed in him and in myself. I don't know if I can do this.

Oh no... I'm so sorry you're going through that. There probably isn't much you can do. I would just give him space for now. Maybe he'll come around..Some men just don't feel it until after baby arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate the first trimester. Morning sickness, peeing all the time, vivid dreams, sore boobs, and exhaustion have me dreaming for the second trimester to get here. My first pregnancy was totally different with the exception of the exhaustion.
  • Options

Yeah it is TOUGH. I have never been so tired and constant nausea is the worst. My hub is actually being really supportive thankfully. I have so much more respect for other moms now that I am pregnant. I had NO clue what it was like.

• Options
    I am so TIRED. All the time. I'm not even 5 weeks yet and I'm exhausted. DH seems very confused. He's like, "but we just found out we were pregnant. You're having symptoms already?" What, does he think there is a timetable on when all this is supposed to start? How about the minute you start growing a human? Cut me some slack! I had the day off on Sunday and stayed in bed until noon. I had nothing else I needed to do and was so tired. He came in and said, "what, are you going to stay in bed all day?" I responded with a rousing, "What does it matter to you!?" Grrrr. 
  • Options
    ndreece20 said:

That's pretty terrible. Are you married or have you been together long? 
  • Options
    meppsmepps member
    I'm a spoiled brat..... I've been so lazy and haven't been cleaning or cooking meals or anything like I used to and my husband just tells me to relax because I've been building a human all day and night ! Gotta love him
  • Options
    I hate the "already??" Remark!!! My hubby is amazing and I love him to pieces for it. But a few of my friends who I have told have said "how do you already feel that way you just found out??" So annoying. I just want to look at them and say hey you've never grown a human being so how should you know. Haha
  • Options
    I am tired all day long. I took two naps today and I could go for another before bed. :(

imageimage 

• Options
    meppsmepps member
    I hear you @Lihnlee .. I went to bed at midnight last night, woke up at 1pm today, then went for a nap from 430pm to 8pm.... And I still can't wait for bed time lol
  • Options
    My sister and I are both adopted, so my mom never had a pregnancy last longer than a few weeks. If she says "oh please" one more time I'm gonna slap her.
  • Options
    I completely agree with you on the whole "keeping it a secret" thing, my husband and I already decided to tell most of our family and friends because regardless of the outcome we would want them to know, we share our highs and lows and are there for each other through everything so I wouldn't even think not to tell them, I never even knew you were meant to keep it a secret until recently. I've refrained from putting it on Facebook so far but mainly because I'd like to have a picture to post of the first ultrasound. I say share your excitement and joy and pray everything goes well, do what you can to give the baby all the nutrients and care you can give and don't stress about it :)
  • Options
    I wish I was glowing, I actually look like crap. My skin is soooooo dry, I've had to change every single beauty product from before I was pregnant
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    rmj28rmj28 member
    I'm pretty sure the glow is sweat..
  • Options
    I'm totally miserable!!! I'm 6w6d.
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who is having extreme fatigue. Thank goodness my almost two-year-old takes long naps...and lets mommy rest on the couch while he plays. Also, my love/hate relationship with food right now is not fun. I've only thrown up once, but it's pretty much a constant threat. :-/
    Praying for relief in the 2nd trimester!
  • Options
    I'm not really tired but I seem hellbent on making my butt bigger I have been eating well for a year and now all I want is junk
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    KelleyS14KelleyS14 member
    edited April 2015
    I was just asked tonight by a coworker if i was pregnant. She said I have "that glow". Then she said I also look like I've put on a few pounds.... As for being tired, it's awful! My fiancé and I got into an argument the other day and he told me I sleep too much. He basically flat out called me lazy. I not so nicely reminded him that just because I don't look pregnant, doesn't mean my body isn't working overtime right now! I also work 12hr night shifts so even though I sleep a lot, I'm ALWAYS tired, no matter how much I sleep. He later apologized and said that sometimes he forgets I'm pregnant.
  • Options
    Agreed, it's hard enough just staying wake long enough to read this. Actually I think it's nap time now, thanks for the short rant since I didn't fall asleep mid sentence ;)