Multiples

need some input

my babies got here last sat at 33w2d. they are both doing well considering, but baby girl just failed her 2nd hearing test. im starting to get freaked out. has anyone elses LO failed the first 2 in the nicu, but passed the outpatient one later? thanks :)
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: need some input

• My baby A ( 32w1d), has failed every single hearing test they did. He ended up going under anesthesia at 18 months and had an ABR done. It turned out he has a high riding jugular bulb. He can hear just fine, but it creates some pressure and can't pass the normal test.

I highly recommend doing an ABR while I'm the NICU so you don't have to worry about it later. It's a noninvasive procedure and usually when they're babies they don't need sedation until they're over 6 months.

Hope that helps!
  • Mine were not in the NICU, but my Baby A failed her hearing screening twice at the hospital, and passed a week or so later.  Any number of things can cause the failure (distraction, other sounds in the room, fluid in the ear, faulty machine), so try not to worry. Remember that it is testing for very faint sounds, so even if your LO doesn't pass, it doesn't mean deafness or serious hearing loss.  It may be something very simple.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic