August 2015 Moms
Options

Colostrum at 16 weeks

I've had very light discharge from both nipples for years, which I previously attributed to taking birth control. Now that I'm pregnant, I recently noticed i am having quite a bit more than ever before. I did minor research but everything I find seems that this is very early, like an entire trimester early. Anyone else heard of or able to secrete colostrum this early? Several drops at a time from each side.

Re: Colostrum at 16 weeks

• Options
    I'm a first time mom and am not familiar with all the ins and outs of being pregnant, but it might be worth a phone all to the doc, just to see what's going on :)
  • Options
    Phone call*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started producing it at 16 weeks with my son. If I didn't wear breast pads I would leak through my shirt. It was very annoying. Once baby was born I was able to pump loads of milk so that was a plus!
  • Options
    It's totally normal, 2nd trimester is when you start leaking if you're going to leak. It tends to be a good sign and while it's not guaranteed it could mean you'll have a good milk supply!
  • Options
    Update: apparently I should have just asked my mom. She said she had this with her pregnancies too. Produced colostrum pretty early on. And later, my OB said it was normal, some women just start producing it earlier than others and nothing to be concerned about. 
  • Options
    Totally normal. I won't say anything in regards to its connection to your milk supply as it really is no indicator. Get some breast pads :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic