Blended Families

Starting to feel uncomfortable (long post)

Over a year ago I met the love of my life, we had a Long distance relationship. 6 months ago we decided to move in together. He still lives with his family (mom, sister, step dad) in a spacious beautiful home (4bdrm, 5 bath, 3 living rooms, 2 dining rooms and huge back yard), his mom agreed to helping me with my daughter and food asking as I help with $120 for rent. I left my city, friends, family to be with him. I have a 2 year old daughter I brought wth me of course. In the beginning I found work quickly, found a sitter for my daughter every was great. Recently my boyfriend and I decided to start TTC, his mom is really excited. I quit my job due to wanting to spend as much time with my daughter and focus on her before I get pregnant and the new baby comes. I got a part time baby sitting job which is great because I can bring my daughter along for her to play with these kids. I still make enough money to pay all of my bills. Here's the issues: when I told my boyfriends mom about quitting my job she seemed to get mad. I told her I still make enough money baby sitting to cover all of my expenses but she still wasn't impressed. I'm Starting to feel uncomfortable almost like I'm over staying my welcome or getting too comfortable. This is supposed to be my home too. Idk what to do now. I've talked to my boyfriend and all he says is that she's moody due to menopause, did I make a bad move?

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable (long post)

• Well, without knowing all the details of your situation, I would imagine that your bf's mom probably would like you guys move out eventually.  Most parents don't see their kids living with them as a long-term arrangement.  She might see you quitting your job as a sign that you guys won't be able to move out anytime soon.  That would be my best guess as to why she might be upset.  Are you guys working towards financial independence and getting a place of your own?
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Maya1251Maya1251 member
    edited April 2015
    Well her idea was to eventually give this house to us just like she did with her older son and her previous house. She's never been the type to have her kids move out unless they wanted to. Her 26 year old daughter who is unemployed and who isn't doing anything with her life still lives there. This is why I'm so confused. When I mention moving back to my hometown my boyfriend gets upset.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, knowing those details helps.  She might just feel strongly that you should have kept a full-time job.  The only way to know for sure is to have an open conversation with her.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you for your post on here I appreciate it. I'll have to speak with her to try and figure out what's going on
  • MUD
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Thanks for the awesome replies! Everything is worked out, she was never mad! Everything turned out great! :)