October 2014 Moms

Irregular periods post partum???

I'm 5 months post partum and I've had two periods one in January and one in February. This month however I haven't had it, its 10 days late and I've taken 3 tests, all negative. And yet I'm still freaking out, I know I have to call my dr and talk to her about it but I also wanted others opinions about irregular periods after having a baby. I mean I've always had irregular periods but I'm a first time mom so everything after having a baby is all new to me. I've been cramping for the past week but no period, And I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms. This has also been an extremely stressful month been having a lot of anxiety issues I've heard that can affect it but I wasn't sure if that was actual fact. I hope someone can share their experiences or anything they know. Thank you in advance!

Re: Irregular periods post partum???

• Stress can definitely make your period late. I just had my second pp period. They were 24 days apart vs my normal 28 days. I'd give it a few more days and call your dr next week.
  • I took another test hahah another negative. I called the dr just bc I can't handle this freaking out so I have blood drawn on Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing, I can see why that would cause some
    concern. I’ve heard a couple women being irregular for even a year! I think
    it’s best to see your doctor with your concern over this.

Amaze0707

• Hey ladies! I had a blood test done and I'm not pregnant so I'm guessing it's just being irregular im waiting on my doctor to call me
  • I got my first ppp last month. It lasted a full week, came back 3 days later and lasted another full week. I'm hoping this month things are a bit more normal. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I also have been experiencing irregular periods. I had one in mid February and haven't had one since. Pregnancy test is negative. I've heard of women dealing with irregular periods one year post partum.
  • I've been having something very similar to Virginialeigh...about 1-2 months after my baby was born I had 3 normal periods in a row, then starting in February I'm literally, bleeding a week, nothing a week, on off on off ... And not quite a normal bleed either.  I finally went to the doctor, they ran all the tests, checked it all out - and can't find anything wrong. (and not pregnant), it finally stopped for about 2 weeks, only to start up again last weekend.  :( If anyone has experienced this, how long did it last for you?
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jdanczyk said:

I've been having something very similar to Virginialeigh...about 1-2 months after my baby was born I had 3 normal periods in a row, then starting in February I'm literally, bleeding a week, nothing a week, on off on off ... And not quite a normal bleed either.  I finally went to the doctor, they ran all the tests, checked it all out - and can't find anything wrong. (and not pregnant), it finally stopped for about 2 weeks, only to start up again last weekend.  :( If anyone has experienced this, how long did it last for you?

I had one PP period and got pregnant but I have PCOS and experienced what you're describing prior to pregnancy. It's been a while and I'm struggling a little to remember but I think it lasted a month and afterwards my cycle ran long, which freaked me out just as much. If the bleeding is very heavy definitely see your doctor to make sure you don't become anemic. I had it going off of BC and just had to wait for my hormones to level off.