1st Trimester

Just one not 2

heatherzeroheatherzero member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
Hello ladies:) I'm a second time mom, and I'm very excited to be pregnant again. I knew I was pregnant 5 days after conception even though our positive test didn't come threw till 15 days. The thing is I don't know if I'm having twins yet! Having my first prenatal on Friday. BUT.... My positive test came up almost a week before my missed period and I'm showing already at 8 weeks.
I just feel like I'm having twins. So nervous to even say that out loud
Will they be able to tell at my first prenatal appt??!!...

Re: Just one not 2

• CatsAreShadyCatsAreShady member
    edited April 2015
    If you get a sonogram at your first appointment then yes you'd find out then.

What makes you so sure that you're having twins?

Edied to add: you're bloated. Not showing.
  • https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/prenatal-health-and-nutrition/expecting-multiples/56993.html

HCG measurements are quite inflated when a multiple pregnancy is present. However, they are not considered a completely reliable indicator of twins or more. In most cases, a high HCG reading will only prompt further investigation.

TL/DR: An early BFP is not an indicator of multiples.
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought the same thing because with my two boys I didn't get a positive pregnancy test till 2-3+ months!  My HCG was always low..
    with this one I actually found out at 6 weeks!  I was like ummm thats weird... hope its not twins haha. 
    anywho, it wasn't I had to wait till week 10 to get an ultrasound and it was just one lil jelly bean!
    This early you don't show, you just bloat because your digestive system slows down due to your hormones changing. 
    The babies are so little that it doesn't make much of a difference right now..  Right now the baby is a lil less than an inch. 
        Just wait until your first ultrasound and see what happens  =]  Definitely update us!  =]

35 Weeks with Baby Boy #3 

Jace Thomas- 2 years old and Zachary William 5 years old!

• Not having twins! Just one little baby in there
  • Hello ladies:) I'm a second time mom, and I'm very excited to be pregnant again. I knew I was pregnant 5 days after conception even though our positive test didn't come threw till 15 days. The thing is I don't know if I'm having twins yet! Having my first prenatal on Friday. BUT.... My positive test came up almost a week before my missed period and I'm showing already at 8 weeks.
    I just feel like I'm having twins. So nervous to even say that out loud
    Will they be able to tell at my first prenatal appt??!!...

Im confused. You tested positive at 15 dpo, but that was a week before your period? That's not how it works, just for your information. Your period comes 12-16 days after you ovulate.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009