February 2015 Moms
Options

breastmilk and supplemental feeding

For moms who are giving supplemental feedings and breastmilk, what formula do you use for supplements?

Re: breastmilk and supplemental feeding

• Options
    I used Similac Supplementation. My LO did fine with it.
  • Options

I used Similac Supplementation. My LO did fine with it.

how many Ozs do your LO consumed in one feeding? How often do you supplement?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also use similac supplementation. My LO is an erratic eater. For example she was breastfeeding all day normally, and then last night she got super hungry right after a BF and ate 6oz of formula! There is no way my boobs can keep up with that lol. But she is fine with it :)
  • Options
    We are using similac soy. He did ok on the supplementation for a couple weeks, then it started messing with his stomach. He does well on soy. I BF first, and if he still acts hungry, I offer 1-2 oz formula. He rarely takes more than 2 oz. He usually takes 4-5 bottles a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Azagian Depending on how long it had been since she ate last she'd take anywhere from 2-4 oz. The only time she would get formula was if I wasn't able to feed her myself. Like if I was in town and she was with her dad at home, or I was in the shower, etc.
  • Options
    My H does the 'last' feeding of the night before we put her down in the nursery. We use Gerber gentle for supplementing, she really seems to like it and has no problems. At 7 weeks she takes anywhere from 5-6 oz (she is a big girl :)
    BabyFruit Ticker