1st Trimester

Low blood pressure?

I went to CVS and took my BP and my reading was 103/45. Anyone experienced one this low? I have already put in an email to the doctor. Only weird symptom that is cause for concern that I found online is extreme thirst, could be slightly dehydrated. It's hard keeping up with all this water!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Low blood pressure?

• Being dehydrated is very common during pregnancy. You can get dehydrated fast... 
    Low blood pressure can be from anemia, which is what I am currently having issues with...
    This means you need more iron in your diet.  Have you had any blood tests done at like a WIC appointment or at the doctors office? 
    They usually tell you when your hemoglobin is low. 
    Eat foods like broccoli, nuts, grain, dark chocolate, lentils, red meats, dark green leafy veggies, iron fortified cereals or pastas. 
    Eat vitamin C too because that helps your iron absorb, so some orange juice can do the trick...
    ALSO if it is your iron, try to watch your calcium intake such as milk, because that counteracts the absorption of the iron. 

Definitely increase your fluids, that helps your bp go up.  Stretch out some, and take a shower. Usually that helps too... 
    being dehydrated can definitely cause things like this, so you force down some fluids! Its important to drink A LOT, and not sodas or coffee, thats a no no... drink water and clear fluids. 

35 Weeks with Baby Boy #3 

Jace Thomas- 2 years old and Zachary William 5 years old!

• My blood pressure is always low. At one point during labor, it hit 88/40 and I felt fine. At my appointments, I was routinely around your number. I wouldn't stress about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, mine was 90/58 the other day. I make sure I stay hydrated and keep electrolytes balanced. Also make sure you stand up slowly.