August 2015 Moms
Options

Baths

When we first found out we were pregnant everyone and there mother told me not to take anymore baths. My back is killing me and I would to take a warm bath(not that it would fix my back issue). Is this something that iam really not allowed to do?

Re: Baths

• Options
    Take a bath girl! You're more than allowed to take a bath
  • Options
    Keep out of the hot tub, but a bath, as far as I have ever been told, is fine. The idea is you don't want your internal body temp to rise too much, but I can't imagin a bath would do that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! Running it now :)
  • Options
    Seriously go ahead (: you deserve to relax. Light some candles, play some music, add some bubbles and enjoy!
  • Options
    Gosh, if you can't take a bath, I dunno how pregnant women ever stayed clean back before showers were popular and standard in every home.
  • Options
    Yes! Just don't take a scalding got one for a long time. Drink a glass of cold water during if you're worried about it. My OB said you would in all likelihood be very uncomfortable and get out if your body temp was getting over 102

• Options
    My doctor said it was fine. His only concern was slipping and falling. My back was killing me too and I got in my soaker tub. It made mine worse because I was kinda laying on my tailbone. :( hope yours helps you
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have taken baths since getting pregnant and my son is doing okay in there. Take a bath!
  • Options
    I take daily baths.. most of my belly is out and I dont stay in long.. it's the only thing that helps!!
  • Options
    I have a bath most nights! Seems o help ease the discomfort of whatever digestive issues I may be having too!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    I took a bath every day or 2 with my son, and he came out perfectly fine ;) I have been doing the same this time as well. I do it pretty warm but not hot that it is uncomfortable. Add in some lavender Epsom bath salt (they sell it at target and cvs etc) before bed and it will help you to fall asleep as well :)
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker