Infertility

OHSS

I had my ER exactly 2 weeks ago and the day I arrived for my ET I was
diagnosed  with mild OHSS. My 5 day embryos were frozen and  I was told
I'd feel better after getting my period but I'm 4 days into it and I
still don't feel too great. My main concern being that my left ovary
still feels large and tender. It hurts to sit, have a bowel movement,
urinate, and pass wind as well. Does anyone know how long it takes for
them to shrink back down and is it normal for them to stay this enlarged and sore this far into a new cycle? For anyone that's had a lap or ER before; the feeling the first few times you pee after your directly following surgery... That's what it feels like every time I go.
Started TTC 7/12
BFP on 7/27/12.
Suspected Miscarriage on 8/14/12 @ 6w1d..
Ectopic found & removed from right tube on 9/7/12 @ 9w4d.

Continued trying for another year.
HSG Oct 2013 shows Left tube clear, right tube blocked.
BFP Nov 2013. Miscarriage at 5w3d.
BFP Jan 2014. Ectopic- found and removed from left tube 6w2d.

On to IVF.
Hydrosalpinx found in right tube. Oct 2014.
Remaining portions of Right and Left tubes removed 1/6/15.
Started BCP FEB 24,
started stims Mar 18.  Antagonist protocol. (menopur, bravelle, cetrotide)
"Slow responder" - stimmed for 14 days.
Triggered with 5,000IU norvarel.  8 Follicles. 5 Retrieved. 4 Mature. All 4 fertilized w/ICSI.
OHSS- Transfer cancelled.
2 Embies made it to day 5. Both 4ab; frozen.
FET Scheduled for May 20th!!
1 5ab frosty transferred.
BFP @ 4dp5dt
Beta: 12dp=248 | 14dp=648 | 25dp=7,442

Re: OHSS

• I have had two retrievals and felt 100% about two weeks following. You may want to call your doctor and just double check everything.
  • Totally feel for you, I had the same pain and symptoms. I initially had mild OHSS that eventually got more serious. My left overy was so sore and big and I was very bloated that I looked 5 months pregnant (they retrieved 16 eggs and proceed with fresh Transfer of 2 blast). It took a few months before my overy reduced in size and the pain and my bloating to subside. My Dr told me that every case is different, some women recovery in a few weeks, while other take much longer. I just made sure to follow up with my Dr regularly and I asked for ultrasounds to follow my progress. I was encouraged to hydrate like crazy (lots of water and Gatorade) and eat small meals. They also gave me Tylenol for pain and a medication to prevent OHSS. Hang in there!! Wishing you a fast recovery.