Baby Names

I don't want to regret my decision

Okay so we've had are names picked out for a bit.
I really like them but do you think it's wrong of me not to want to settle yet (I'm only 14 weeks)
My hubby says we should just stick with our boy and girl names no matter what I feel like I should have a few options. He says I'm being to indecisive.
What do you think.

Re: I don't want to regret my decision

• Personally, I think you have the right to consider alternatives. Is your DH really settled on the boy/girl names that you have currently? He might be reacting the way he is because he doesn't want the names he already likes to be "threatened" by new names. You're not being indecisive to want to have options. If the baby was a week old and didn't have a name, that'd be another story. But you're only 14 weeks along! You have many weeks ahead to discuss names. There's no reason not to explore other names. I would personally just explain to your DH that your current options are still on the table. You just want to see what else is out there. Remember that both of you should be happy, and both should get to play a role in this process. 

Good luck! 
    DH (23) and Me (23)
    Married 1/20/2015
    TTC #1 in August 2015! 
  • I think we would need to know the names first.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds to me that you need to take a break from names for a bit and revisit your names in a couple of weeks since you have the time. DH and I were divided between two names. We stopped talking about names for 3-4 weeks and went back to our list with clear heads. It really helped us decide.
  • I would put it on hold for a while and revisit it down the road.  You have tons of time still.  What are the names?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    No right or wrong answer. Good luck.
  • I think we would need to know the names first.

Lorelei jade
    Calvin James
  • jader124 said:

I think we would need to know the names first.

Lorelei jade
    Calvin James
    Those are both fine, so I say - maybe don't discuss it with your H. Maybe just say, "I'm glad we have our favorites, but I'm not totally sold. Let's talk again at the 36 week mark (or whatever)." He can't make you lock in right now, that's crazy! He might just not want to hear about it anymore for now.
  • jader124 said:

I think we would need to know the names first.

Lorelei jade
    Calvin James
    Both  good names.

Lorelei is very trendy so I wouls think about that. Jade is nms
    Calvin james is nice and strong
  • Love love love Lorelei