May 2015 Moms

Are we there yet?

Oh ladies, how much longer do we have? I had my 37 week appt yesterday, my MW didn't do a vaginal exam, but when she measured my fundus, I was reading 34 weeks. Out of caution, I was sent for a same-day ultrasound. Baby is very healthy, and estimated to weigh 7lbs 2oz already! My first, who is huge for a 3 year old (he's 40" tall, and weighs 42lbs)! And he was 7lbs 6oz at 39 weeks 3 days. I'm planning on a natural birth this time...But I'm a little worried she's gonna be enormous, and I won't be able to do it. Id absolutely love to go early, especially if it means a smaller baby and avoiding my mother in law in the delivery room. Anyone else in the same situation?

Re: Are we there yet?

• I'm not so much avoiding my MIL in the delivery room but at 34 weeks I had a growth ultrasound and my DD is estimated to weigh 6lbs 6 oz then I am now 36 weeks 2 days and my MW is saying that the baby could weigh 10 lbs at term. I want her to be healthy but I am right there with you on if she wants to make her grand entrance early I'm all for it
  • Those growth exams can be off by a pound either way so I wouldn't take it too serious just yet. I'm 37 weeks today and feel like I'm ready. I'm tired, I can't get comfortable ever and I waddle.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got 19 days left before I'm induced. They are taking my LO at 38 weeks on the dot because I've got GD. I'm thrilled because I'm uncomfortable and because my parents and grandmother are coming from out of state to be here for her birth. I can't wait!
  • I have 45 days left! That sounds so much shorter than 6 weeks and 2 days. lol

I'm not so much uncomfortable as I am impatient and excited! I'm sure in a few weeks I'll change my tune and be ready to post the eviction notice while I cry about my various aches and pains. hehe
  • I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm ready to be done. Between still working, unexpected house guests, & normal pregnancy gripes I'll be glad when little man is here.
  • I have 25 days left but depending on my afi level this upcoming Monday, I might be meeting my daughter by the end of next week!! Nervouse because that'll only put me at 37+ some odd days, but super excited!! :)
  • I'm 36 & 4 days. Ready to be done between the back pains and having to take care of a 2yo but terrified of delivery (again) and having a new born with a 2yo. But excited to meet him already! Dr. Said they will let me go at 39 if I haven't yet since I have already done this once. I think in another week I won't care what's in store and just he ready!
  • MommaAlyx said:

Oh ladies, how much longer do we have? I had my 37 week appt yesterday, my MW didn't do a vaginal exam, but when she measured my fundus, I was reading 34 weeks. Out of caution, I was sent for a same-day ultrasound. Baby is very healthy, and estimated to weigh 7lbs 2oz already! My first, who is huge for a 3 year old (he's 40" tall, and weighs 42lbs)! And he was 7lbs 6oz at 39 weeks 3 days. I'm planning on a natural birth this time...But I'm a little worried she's gonna be enormous, and I won't be able to do it. Id absolutely love to go early, especially if it means a smaller baby and avoiding my mother in law in the delivery room. Anyone else in the same situation?

Oh you make my son sound like a peanut! He will be 4 in August and is 36" and 29lbs. I am so ready to go! I have 17 days left but I'm so uncomfortable! Last winter I fell and reinjured my back. Because I was pregnant we couldn't do an X-ray. I miscarried and immediately got pregnant again. I've been pregnant almost 14 months and am over it lol! This little man is supposed to be close to 9 lbs.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I got 2 weeks and 5 days left, exciting stuff :-)
  • I have 45 days left! That sounds so much shorter than 6 weeks and 2 days. lol

I'm not so much uncomfortable as I am impatient and excited! I'm sure in a few weeks I'll change my tune and be ready to post the eviction notice while I cry about my various aches and pains. hehe

I have 6 weeks left too! It seems like forever at this point. Jealous of the mommies with only a couple weeks to go. I'm happy to keep her in til full term- but that doesn't make me less exhausted!
  • I literally just hit 37 weeks today but yesterday was the first day that I just could NOT get comfortable. I'm having all kinds of aches and pains and feel totally wiped out! Like I just want to sleep all day! Dr apt tmrw... hoping maybe I dilated some more (I was 2cm last week) and that they do a measurement. Last week was my first internal exam and they haven't done really any measurements other than to check the heart rate. Maybe if I'm dilated some more they'll check for contractions??? lol Haven't been really feeling anything but I just want to see some progress! If I have 3 weeks of this discomfort left I may lose my mind!

Me: 24  DH: 26

Sept 2012 - Married Love of My Life

AO, possible PCOS

TTC for 15 months - Success!!!

Due Date: May 6, 2015

DS induced April 27, 2015 - Hypertension

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• JericaLH said:

I literally just hit 37 weeks today but yesterday was the first day that I just could NOT get comfortable. I'm having all kinds of aches and pains and feel totally wiped out! Like I just want to sleep all day! Dr apt tmrw... hoping maybe I dilated some more (I was 2cm last week) and that they do a measurement. Last week was my first internal exam and they haven't done really any measurements other than to check the heart rate. Maybe if I'm dilated some more they'll check for contractions??? lol Haven't been really feeling anything but I just want to see some progress! If I have 3 weeks of this discomfort left I may lose my mind!

That's exactly how I was, but mine hit at 36 weeks! I'm 37 weeks and 2 days now, but it literally hit me overnight it seems! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that I am more dilated and effaced!
  • Oh my gosh, the last internal exam, I was soft, not effaced at all, and certainly not dialated... I have another appt next Friday, so hopefully there's progress. I get crazy BH all day long, but it seems to mean nothing >_<
  • I'm 35wks+2 and I'm staring at the ceiling tonight, dealing with heartburn and chest pain from pulled muscle. Not a happy camper. But hope for an hour or three of sleep before I have to get through my Friday. So many plans for this weekend. DH is being awesome with having dinner ready when I get home from work at 9:30.
  • I have 11 days left. I'm being induced in the 28th April and I can't wait! Well I can and will have to, but you know what I mean.
  • I'm so ready! 37 w and 5 d and just waiting waiting waiting. Doctor checked my cervix yesterday and he said they're really far back :( means I'm not dilated at all right? But I've been having lots of period like cramps! I've been walking so much to try and get dilated at least to something!
  • We have our 38 w apt Tuesday and I am hoping our doc does an internal exam and gives us some kinda news! I get the worst pressure down south sometimes and being a FTM its like what the heck! It even crazier they say walk walk walk that's when the pressure is at its worse!?! So I am hoping that means the walk is working!! Fingers crossed for an update Tuesday ! ,,,,But we want our little guy to be as strong as possible so when he is ready he is ready! Hang in there ladies!
  • Hello again ladies... I must (or hope hope hope) that I'm getting close. I've been more and more exhausted every day... And so nauseous! Not to mention, I'm super irritable like 24/7. Lots of little BH, more than usual, but no dice!